Paul Opitz passes away at age 59 after his battle with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Rest In Peace Paul, you will be missed! Seems like just yesterday that you joined RR and gave us a fascinating glimpse behind the curtain of Uniden.

All the best to your family and friends, and without a doubt you will still be checking up on us around here...

JoeyC

Very sad news for the scanning community. Thanks for all your contributions and hard work Paul. RIP sir.

SMBaugh2

There is one thing about UPMAN he was always willing to discuss anything about Bearcat scanners good or bad comments. But one thing was always clear he would always try and explain it so you would understand it. May God have mercy on his family at this time. He will be missed from folks who love to turn on their scanners.

ProducerGuy

Didn't even know about this until just before typing this response. How sad it is to lose a great person who gave so much to the scanning hobby, and one who undoubtedly gave much to the SDS line. Rest in good peace, Sir.
Paul Hause, N4XPR

trunkve

Very sad news, RIP Paul and thanks for all your contributions to the scanner community.

brumey

CFO (Chief Fix-It Officer)
God bless you Paul. You helped a lot of people directly and indirectly. Peace be with you.

russbrill

I just received word that Paul Opitz (UPMan) passed away Saturday from his
long battle with cancer. He was surrounded by family when he passed.

That is all the news I have at this time.

To say he will be missed is an understatement.

R.I.P. Paul, you will be missed..

Russ

KD2DXF

Nobody
Premium Subscriber
Thank you Paul for all you have done for the Radio Reference Community. May you rest in peace, above the clouds, you'll be able to scan everything now. You will be forever in our minds every time we reach for that Scanner Knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.