PAWM P25 - TDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexBinary

On the Plano, Allen, Wylie, Murphy (PAWM) P25 wiki page it states:

"Important Note - Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner."

Does anyone know what talkgroups are actually using TDMA? None are listed as using TDMA on the wiki page. I am very curious if it's worth the hundreds of dollars needed to upgrade my HomePartol-1 to a BCD436HP or BCD436HP just to hear these mystery talkgroups.

Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
On the Plano, Allen, Wylie, Murphy (PAWM) P25 wiki page it states:

"Important Note - Some talkgroups on this system are using Project 25 Phase II TDMA modulation which can ONLY be monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner."

Does anyone know what talkgroups are actually using TDMA? None are listed as using TDMA on the wiki page. I am very curious if it's worth the hundreds of dollars needed to upgrade my HomePartol-1 to a BCD436HP or BCD436HP just to hear these mystery talkgroups.

Thanks!
Rex,

The system information states that because the control channel data indicates that the system is "capable" of Phase II, TDMA, operation. This has come up before, and is apparently set forth in the database specifications for RadioReference- If the system shows that capability, it's listed as Phase II/TDMA, regardless whether any such groups are in use or not. At this time, there are no Phase II talkgroups in use, and no current plans (at least none that have been announced) to start using Phase II in the near future.

The Frisco & McKinney systems are also listed as X2/TDMA-Phase II, but have no Phase II talkgroups. The same applies to the Dallas P25/NCTCOG system as well as the DFW Airport P25/NCTCOG.

The Forney system is Phase II, and Irving has begun using their Phase II system (it's a 'layer' on the FWRRS), replacing the old EDACS system. While I don't know their exact projected timeline, the current Carrollton system is being upgraded to a Phase II P25 system. That should come online, I'm guessing, somewhere in the first half of next year. So while you don;t need to upgrade your Home Patrol for the Plano (PAWM) system at this time, eventually you may want to do so for some of the other systems in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.