Pay $$$ for Pro-106 rebanding reprogramming Knoxville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkbodden

Ok, so I now own a $300 paper weight if I want to monitor any LEO stuff in Knox County. If anyone's interested, let me know how much you would charge to reprogram my PRO-106 with re-banding for Knox County. I'm mostly interested in monitoring KCSO and KPD. I would also be very interested in being able to monitor the MIL-AIR traffic, since I live directly behind the airport. Feel free to give me a call @ [REMOVED] or email [REMOVED].
Thanks,
Jeff

Mod Note: Removed Personal information --Burner50

Last edited by a moderator:

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
So, what changed? If they have suddenly encrypted then you are correct. But nothing in the forum or database indicates any recent change in the system. If you have Don Starr's Win500 I can send you a file that worked six months ago with the 106.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
I can set up a file using ARC500 free. You will need the programming cable and at least the trial version of ARC500. As far as I know nothing has changed in Knox County. The live feed is still online also so that indicates no changes. Have you done something different in your programming, or perhaps an issue with your 106 itself?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Shouldn't post your phone number and email in a public forum. For sure you will be get email spammed. :( A number of others have also done this as well unfortunately, that's what a pm - private message can be used for.

jfhtm350

I have the Knox Co Pub Safety system programmed in my 106. I used Win500. I dont remember programming in any rebanding tables. I cant really pick them up from my house here so havent listened in a while and dont know if something has changed but I dont think so. I think you have been misinformed somewhere.

jkbodden

Thanks for the input...but still confused.

Actually, I have never "programmed" Knox County into my PRO-106, however a few months back, some moron that killed three people in Florida wound up barricading himself in a hotel room in Knoxville. I drove over to the area and put my radio in Stalker mode. Nothing...I mean nothing for about 45 minutes and I was very close. Then I went on the RR frequency page and notice this for Knox county.

One or more sites for this trunking system have gone through the 800 MHz rebanding process. Your scanner may be incompatible, require a firmware update or require special programming to track these sites. Please visit the RR Wiki Rebanding page for additional information.

So...I assumed the reason I heard nothing during this event, that Knox had in fact gone through the rebanding process. Additionally, I work with a part-time KCSO and he stated his radio can not receive KCSO SWAT and Special Ops TX's (again, rebanding?)

I'll try programming in KCSO today and see what happens. If anyone has any suggestions re: KCSO SWAT or Special Ops, please advise.

Again, thanks!
Jeff

jfhtm350

Yea I remember that. His radio may not be programmed with the SWAT talkgroup or it could be encrypted. I have no idea but I suspect the first. Im not sure about Knox Co but here they try to stay off the radio when something big happens and you really dont hear much.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Actually, I have never "programmed" Knox County into my PRO-106,
That would be the issue.

One or more sites for this trunking system have gone through the 800 MHz rebanding process. Your scanner may be incompatible, require a firmware update or require special programming to track these sites. Please visit the RR Wiki Rebanding page for additional information.
The would only apply if the system was programed.

n4yek

The Knox county system did reband a few years ago. But, trying to not be too technical, the reband used original Motorola channel allocations and not the new channels that were created for rebanding purposes. All that said, even after rebanding, old trunk tracking scanners will still follow this system
with no problems and no missed communications.
My old Radio Shack Pro95 follows it just fine.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
From what I know from people I know none of the Knox County TGs are encrypted. I have occasionally heard traffic on the SWAT TG but nothing during an active operation. Like was mentioned before when something happens they usually try and stay off the radios as much as possible since there is no encryption.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Correct, Knox is one of the ones that did not use the off freqs requiring an new Chan Plan. What the issue is, is he needs to actually program in the system. The 106 should have no problems at all on it. Just set up the system as its own TSYS object and have fun. KCSO SWAT/ERT goes with the "As less as possible" aspect to radio comms. I am not sure if they have flat packs for on scene talk that you won't hear unless your extremely close or not. Some agencies use these as they are actually safer to use for tactical security when you don't have an fully encrypted net. Now once Knox finally upgrades to P25, whichever way they go with it, you can bet SWAT/ERT will be fully E.

Status
Not open for further replies.