Pbso

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbelter

What channel is 4 where FOX units (South county) wanting to switch to? Is it part of their MOT type 2 plan or the old VHF? Please advise.
Thanks in advance,

ermin

blackbelter said:
What channel is 4 where FOX units (South county) wanting to switch to? Is it part of their MOT type 2 plan or the old VHF? Please advise.
Thanks in advance,

I believe they are going here;

26320 66d DIST 4B SOUTH Car-to-Car

Ed

Vern

Premium Subscriber
I haven't monitored south county comm's in a while, but I'm thinking that the PBSO South County units used to sometimes share a talkgroup, usually the D4 Dispatch (26832) during the "slow" shifts [midnights].

District 4's "Charlie" units cover roughly the Lantana Rd -to- Clint Moore Rd (Boca/Delray line) areas.
District 7's "Foxtrot units cover the Boca Raton area (Clint Moore Rd south to the Broward Co. line) It used to be all one district (4), but got split into two about 10 years ago.

When the Sheriff's Dispatch office has enough dispatchers working on shift to operate another console, they would open up the D7 Dispatch talkgroup (26896) for the Foxtrot units. Busy shifts (day shift, evening shift) usually had both talkgroups working... slower shifts (midnights) usually had just one talkgroup for D4/D7.

The car-to-car talkgroups are referred to as "10-91" and each of the main Districts has one.
D4's is 26320 and D7's is 36384. The dispatchers would often monitor those 'chatgroups' and even chime in with their own 2¢ worth on occasion. Great entertainment for your tax dollar.

In addition, PBSO used to have two "Inquiry" or "10-92" tg's.
Inquiry-1 is 27216 and Inquiry-2 is 27376. During "slower" times, they'd operate one console with both tg's patched together. During "busier" times, they'd unpatch the talkgroups and have a 2nd "Inq" dispatcher on the 2nd console to handle the extra tag/warrant/b.s. inquiries and requests. I haven't listened to the "Inq's" for a while to know if that is still their usual practice.

In addition to the radioreference.com site, a very detailed resource for SE Florida is the book published by the "Scannerdude". See Brian's site for more info:
http://www.scannerdude.com/
His 11th edition book/CD was just released last month. It covers Martin, Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade Counties. Chock full of lots of operational info for us "buffs", "has-beens", "retreads", "wannabes", and "whatevers".

\/ern
("buff" & "has-been"; ain't gonna' be a "retread")
Did the "25" - got out "alive".

ermin

channel is 4 where FOX units

Verns right.

I saw "channel 4" and since I live in Delray just automatically thought district 4. Try the TG's Vern said. I listen to them during the day as I work in Boca. His TG's will get you the District 7 cars.

73 Ed

dave7933

Now on District 4--Hotel units?

Your info appears to be correct Vern.

Now very recently on District 4 they are referring to Hotel units, not Charlie as has always been the case. Anyone have any info on this recent change? The territory appears to be the same but now calling Hotel instead of Charlie--at least part of the day.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
I haven't listened to that system for a while. Is the "H" at the beginning of the unit ID or at the end? Like is it "Hotel-41" or is it "550-Hotel"? That's going to make a big difference.

Radio-ID PREFIX codes used to indicate Districts:
Alpha - D3 (North county)
Bravo - D1 - (Central county)
Charlie - D4 - (Lantana/Boynton/Delray)
Delta - D5 - (Glades area)
Echo - D2 - (PBI Airport)
Foxtrot - D7 - (Boca Raton area)
I know that many municipalities now contract with PBSO for primary law enforcement and each one is a "District" now, (Wellington, Royal Palm Bch, Mangonia Pk, Belle Glade, South Bay, Pahokee...maybe even more now?) I don't remember any of them using District letters w/their ID's. They were simply referred to as "Wellington-3", "Royal Palm-5" or whatever and were on the District talkgroup for whatever geographical PBSO district that municipality was located.

Radio-ID SUFFIX codes used to indicate special assignments.
Alpha - Admin units "301-Alpha"
Charlie - Crime Scene (CSI these days, thank you Hollywood)
Delta - Property Detectives
Foxtrot - Warrants
Hotel - Crime-Against-Persons Det's.
etc, etc, You get the idea.

\/ern

ermin

Vern said:
I haven't listened to that system for a while. Is the "H" at the beginning of the unit ID or at the end? Like is it "Hotel-41" or is it "550-Hotel"? That's going to make a big difference.

Radio-ID PREFIX codes used to indicate Districts:
Alpha - D3 (North county)
Bravo - D1 - (Central county)
Charlie - D4 - (Lantana/Boynton/Delray)
Delta - D5 - (Glades area)
Echo - D2 - (PBI Airport)
Foxtrot - D7 - (Boca Raton area)
I know that many municipalities now contract with PBSO for primary law enforcement and each one is a "District" now, (Wellington, Royal Palm Bch, Mangonia Pk, Belle Glade, South Bay, Pahokee...maybe even more now?) I don't remember any of them using District letters w/their ID's. They were simply referred to as "Wellington-3", "Royal Palm-5" or whatever and were on the District talkgroup for whatever geographical PBSO district that municipality was located.

Radio-ID SUFFIX codes used to indicate special assignments.
Alpha - Admin units "301-Alpha"
Charlie - Crime Scene (CSI these days, thank you Hollywood)
Delta - Property Detectives
Foxtrot - Warrants
Hotel - Crime-Against-Persons Det's.
etc, etc, You get the idea.

\/ern

Back in the day a Hotel unit was a prisoner transport unit. When I used to listen to them on the VHF freqs.

Ed

dave7933

Hotel vs Charlie units

It is at the beginning of the ID for example Hotel 22 instead of Charlie 22. Yesterday even the dispatcher had to correct herself! I am hearing both on the channel at times. I know they are normal road units based on the transmissions. The mystery continues as to why the addition. Hopefully someone knowledgeable (or someone who knows a Deputy) can post on the Board. Some of this may go on in other districts as well. It is not a big deal but I am curious!

Sjinndoawi

Digital Problem

I live here in Delray and I have a big problem with getting Delray's,Boynton's, Boca's Digital system. A lot of motorboating or no signal at all. Does anyone else have this problem??

Vern

Premium Subscriber
Hotel Units = Dist.6

I asked around and got this for an answer.
PBSO Dist.4, which used to run from Lantana Rd south to Clint Moore Rd was cut in half. The upper half (Lantana Rd-to-Golf Rd, a/k/a SW 23rd Av-Boynton, is Dist.6 (Hotel Units) leaving Golf Rd south to Clint Moore as District 4 (Charlie Units).

I don't know yet if they will change around any tg's.

In the "old" scheme of things, there were some reserved tg's for a [future] Dist. 6:
Dispatch = 26736
10-91 = 26224
These tg's [or others] might become active during peak times when there might be enough dispatchers on duty to staff another console.

\/.

dave7933

Interesting--thanks Vern

Thanks for the update and please keep us posted if you hear anything further.

gcr33

First, there are NO VHF channels used by PBSO anymore.
The Citizens on Patrol still have a VHF channel.

Hotel units should be the new district in West Boynton Beach. The station is location at Jog Rd. near Park Vista High School. They do not have their own dispatch (at least yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.