PC control of BCD996XT Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
I'm wondering how this works. Can I use the voice control output of Trunker or other variants to control this unit? I've used the control channel OUTPUT to do external things, but I want to go the other way.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Hello?

I think this IS possible, yes? Is there a pin out of the connector available anywhere? how about a command reference?

Hello?

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Thanks for the info, I'll check 'em out & maybe repost

I am using 2 radios, I have a RS2006 as the control channel receiver (A sad finale for a noble receiver, kind of like the Army Air Core & USAF use of B-17s for drones and remote controlled bombs)

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
Actually, I'm more interested in how to set up the Uniden radio than getting Trunker to work (I've done that). I used to control a second RS 2006 as the voice radio (with an Opto board), but can't find any info on controlling the Uniden in their "All in one" users manual (I wonder who's brilliant idea THAT was, it adds further confusion to an already confusing concept!) or the simplified manual.

ICP963

Feed Provider
Actually, I'm more interested in how to set up the Uniden radio than getting Trunker to work (I've done that). I used to control a second RS 2006 as the voice radio (with an Opto board), but can't find any info on controlling the Uniden in their "All in one" users manual (I wonder who's brilliant idea THAT was, it adds further confusion to an already confusing concept!) or the simplified manual.

Sounds like you are looking more for a single scanner control program to just remotely control your 996. Take a look at ProScan. I think that might just do the trick for you. I use and love the program, and it has a 30 day free trial just to let you make sure before you put your 50 bucks down on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.