PC control of BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
I'm wondering how to set up the Uniden. I've asked in the Uniden forum and was referred here. I want to use my RS 2006 as the control channel receiver with discriminator tap output to Trunker or one of its variants (which already works in Trunker) and have the program tune the Uniden.

SCPD

QRT
I'm wondering how to set up the Uniden. I've asked in the Uniden forum and was referred here. I want to use my RS 2006 as the control channel receiver with discriminator tap output to Trunker or one of its variants (which already works in Trunker) and have the program tune the Uniden.
As you already know - Trunker doesn't know how to talk to your '996XT. You can (a) switch to a different program or (b) wait for someone to release an updated version.

W6SDF

AKA Scorch
One happy camper!

It's been nearly a year since I got the 996. I finally got it configured how I want it using Trunk88. I can now have one computer tracking the digital Motorola San Diego County RCS system (I live in the unincorporated part of the county covered by Sheriff) using a RS2006 for control channel input (I know, what a waste) and Trunk88 controlling the 996 on one monitor; and another 'puter using a second RS2006 control channel input controlling a third RS2006 with an OPTO 456 board tracking the San Diego City analog Motorola system using Trunker on a second monitor. It's a confusing, but beautiful thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.