pc program for bc296

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishman75

Premium Subscriber
What is name of the cd program to run the bc296 off your pc. I lost the cd, and totally forgot the name of the program. I'm trying to reprogram my scanner, and I'm having nothing but problems. I'm near the baltimore area so if someone could please give me some help I'd appreciate it. Thanks

irishman75

Premium Subscriber
What I'm referring to is the software you need to pregram the BC296d from you computer. Is that program also available from the site

seamusg

irishman75 said:
What I'm referring to is the software you need to pregram the BC296d from you computer. Is that program also available from the site
Yes it is. It's Uniden's software for the BC296D and the BC796D (same program for both scanners).

Dank

I personally use the ARC250 software from www.butel.com. I find it is alot easier to use than the software on the cd that came with the scanner. THere are actually 2 versions of the ARC software, Basic and Pro. Check out their website and you can even download a demo version I think.
Good luck.
Dan

irishman75

Premium Subscriber
Bad news is there is no more butel. The company name is up for sale. If anyone else out there knows where I can download it I'd a ppreciate it Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.