PCI Scanner card for PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltulrich

Hasn't anyone invented a scanner that's a PCI card that plugs into your motherboard?

It seems to me that would be ideal.

Perhaps it's out there, I didn't really search. Discuss. :wink:

Seems like alot of hardware to pack into a PC card, it would best be used as a simple wide band receiver,would probably be at least a double PC size,used in conjunction with,lets say for this example,DSD to decode the different signals..
guess the trick would be to have it running in real time..om not sure but i dont think DSD will run live n spit out audio,but im sure im incorrect..

the pickle is getting a small enough receiver to fit-hide internally..

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Seems like alot of hardware to pack into a PC card, it would best be used as a simple wide band receiver,would probably be at least a double PC size,used in conjunction with,lets say for this example,DSD to decode the different signals..
guess the trick would be to have it running in real time..om not sure but i dont think DSD will run live n spit out audio,but im sure im incorrect..

the pickle is getting a small enough receiver to fit-hide internally..

WR-G305i
WiNRADiO WR-G305i Receiver

WR-G315i
WiNRADiO WR-G315i Receiver

TrenchFeeder

You'll burn your processor pretty fast using one of those. Make sure you have adequate cooling, and that the vents on your tower aren't caked with dust

That is pretty awesome though. I kind of want one

can this do CT and DC squelch codes? or just regular freqs?

Status
Not open for further replies.