PCR-1500 not receiving SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix26

SSB will have no audio if the scope is enabled. Either click on stop or change it to time. SSB is not selectable on higher frequencies (1.3 GHz+?)

Ubbe

Ubbe,are you your PCR2500 in Windows 10?
I usually use it stand alone as I actually have the IC-R2500 and not the PCR version. As helix mention it could be bandscope related I will try and start that in windows, I use both Win7 and Win10, and see it it resets itself somehow. But I think that the BFO have stopped oscillating.

(edit) I tried the bandscope and I can hear the carriers in the receivers speaker as it sweeps the frequency band but the scope doesn't show any signals at all. So it might somehow be related to the bandscope function. Thanks helix.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

helix26

What I was pointing out is that there should be no audio at all if the bandscope is turned on, at least this is the expected behaviour of the IC-R1500.

Ubbe

I agree. There should be no audio while in bandsope and it should show the signal bars in the bandscope. So it can be some sort of logic issue that might clear after a reset that sets the memory to default.

/Ubbe

Viking1

What I was pointing out is that there should be no audio at all if the bandscope is turned on, at least this is the expected behaviour of the IC-R1500.
turned off bandscope, problem persisted, reloaded firmware, left bandscope off, problem solved.

PCRAnywhere is a superior control software for the PCR series AND the bandscope works in SSB mode

Ubbe

I made a full reset and reloaded firmware but it's still no SSB, just a fainter AM mode, and no bandscope signals appear and audio are still heard while the bandscope are doing its search. It has to be a hardware issue.

/Ubbe

Viking1

I made a full reset and reloaded firmware but it's still no SSB, just a fainter AM mode, and no bandscope signals appear and audio are still heard while the bandscope are doing its search. It has to be a hardware issue.

/Ubbe
find and download PCR Anywhere, MUCH better software, especially if you have the DSP module installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.