PCR1000 to Labtop Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Is there any way to pipe the sound from my PCR1000 to my Dell (not on fire yet) laptop. It is a 600m and only has 1/8 inputs for a mic and for a headphone. I wanted to use the mic input but can't seem to figure out if there's a way to configure to hear the sound through the laptop speakers.

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I don't know if the 600m has a line input, but if it does I'd use that. Double click the little volume icon in the lower right hand side of your screen. Providing you have it shown there. You will see recording propertings make sure the right input is clicked.

You can find more info. to this audio stuff in the Wiki.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Recording_Software_and_Tips

SCPD

QRT
I wish it did have a line input, but sadly it only has a mic and headphone connection. I was hoping to connect the output of the PCR1000 to the mic input and someway configure to play out of the build in speakers of the laptop.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

You can use the mic input but the level may be too high. Radio Shack has an attenuating patch cable to connect speaker outputs to mic inputs.

73 Eric

SCPD

QRT
Thanks for the info Eric. I did do that, but could not figure out how to configure for receiving through the laptop speakers.

crazyboy

poltergeisty said:
I don't know if the 600m has a line input, but if it does I'd use that. Double click the little volume icon in the lower right hand side of your screen. Providing you have it shown there. You will see recording propertings make sure the right input is clicked.

You can find more info. to this audio stuff in the Wiki.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Recording_Software_and_Tips

Just do that, and in addition in the audio properties playback make sure that the mic isn't muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.