PCR1500/R2500 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have a quick question concerning the PCR1500 & IC-R2500 software. I wasn't sure to post it here of in the software discussion area.

Anyway, I currently have my PCR1500 running on one computer and was wanting to know if I pulled that unit and replaced it with a IC-R2500 on the same computer would the software recognize the different unit and adapt accordingly or do I need to remove and reload the software?

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

It should work without reinstall. You may have to use the search option in the receiver select dialog for the software to find the unit.

73 Eric

SCPD

QRT
blantonl said:
Here is another question along these same lines, can one run TWO 2500's on the same computer?

Good question....or maybe a 2500 & 1500 on the same computer.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
Here is another question along these same lines, can one run TWO 2500's on the same computer?
Hello,

It looks like the ICOM software will only work with one radio at a time. The radio has USB comport and USB audio. If multiple radios are plugged in all the USB ports should show up. A problem is connecting the USB audio to the computer speaker out as it seems only the ICOM software can do it. It should be possible to record the USB audio with audacity.

73 Eric

Yokoshibu

... ok so heres the follow on ... people who monitor ACARS run several radios into several soundcards on a linux/unix machine and decode the information... so could I make my own software and route the sound into several sound cards? for decoding multiple acars / p25 channels for recording / datalogging .... what would be realy nice is a tentec vnar for each reciever as well... like an ic-r2500 with 2 vna's in it and the ability to decode digital modes from the audio outputs (both of them) within the computer before it hits the sound cards... while its still digital form from the usb cable in.

Last edited:

oldtimeradio

Icom Pcr-1500

I've given up!
I have had nothing but trouble keeping my PCR-1500 running on their crappy software.
Tried on 4 different computers.
I shut receiver off and when I try to turn on again I get can't find comport.
Driver is installed correctly.
3 computers with XP 1 with VISTA
Time to sell it and not buy any more ICOM crap.
I've sold all my ICOM ham stuff and went back to Kenwood.
I had a ticket open with ICOM on my problems, their useless people.
I've done Google searches and I'm not alone on their USB connection problems.

Sorry had to vent.

otr

nycap

If you need to operate more than one radio then buy "spectrum commander 4". It alows operation of up to 10 receivers at a once.

http://www.scanstar.com/products/commander.htm

IF you dont want to pay for it you can always download the 2500 software free from icom. but this is going to operate one at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.