PCR2500 can't find port and ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onceaknight

I need help!

I loaded the PCR2500 software on my PC and two things happened:

1. the com port isn't found.
2. Only the PCR1500 GUI comes up.

I looked in the install directory and sure enough only have the PCR1500.exe!

I loaded the -08 software!

Can someone help me through this?

Thanks

morfis

Which operating system are you using? Does the comm port found by other applications? Is it a genuine comm port or one provided by some kind of USB/PCMCIA adapter?

The exe file is the correct one. I don't have a pcr1500 but both pcr2500 installations only have a pcr1500.exe

Onceaknight

status ...

morfis said:
Which operating system are you using? Does the comm port found by other applications? Is it a genuine comm port or one provided by some kind of USB/PCMCIA adapter?

The exe file is the correct one. I don't have a pcr1500 but both pcr2500 installations only have a pcr1500.exe

I stuck with it and got it working via the device manager. It appears that the CP210x USB to UART Bridge Controller (COM4) USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60&MI_00\IC-R2500_xxxxxxx_xx
needed to be assigned manually. And, yes, I do have it going through a 4-port hub; which is why I think the following; CP210x USB Composite Device USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60\IC-R2500_xxxxxxx is also showing up in the Sys. Info. report now.

Guess I could prove this by reconnecting to a direct port but I'm too busy playing with the radio!

I might be back with another problem, at some point. :)

Thanks

Last edited:

Dpritch

Premium Subscriber
Similar Problem

I purchased a R2500 over the weekend. The software that came with the radio was not Visa ready. Icom support pointed me to version 2.10 of the software, which has both drivers and operating system on their Web page. However, I loaded the newer version and all I get is the R1500 screen, even though the port setting "sees" the R2500 and even reads the serial number. No audio, no funtionality at all. Icom support has no idea what to try, so I'm hoping someone may have a solution, otherwise a good radio goes back. I can't downgrade to XP, too much to lose. BTW, the port used is Com 8. Manually changing to another Com port does not help. Also, the raiod works fine with the external controller. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Onceaknight

Sounds similar to what happened to me.

Since it is recognizing the software, at all, it should be fixable.

First try to change the port setting to com 4.

Otherwise:

1. I suggest starting over completely, if you didn't already. I mean unplug the unit from the computer.

2. Then remove the current software installation using "add and remove" menu from the program file pull-down.

3. If you haven't already, download and read the "Windows Vista Driver Installation" from the Icom site:

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/support/kb/Article.aspx?ArticleNumber=7AR9446825

note: looks like a special driver installation is required. I hear tell there is a 32 and 64 version of vista (I use XP Pro, 32-bit)

4. If you feel confident follow the, above, documents directions and reinstall the software onto your PC. (A system restart shouldn't be necessary but it wouldn't hurt.)

5. Plug the PCR2500 into the PC.

6. Turn it on.

7. Start the R2500 program from the Program File menu or by double-clicking the shortcut.

8. Proceed to turn the power on button from the menu and see if this fixes it.
(note: BTW - ensure that you have set the audio switch, in the PCR2500, to the desired position.)

9. If you're still having problems you can verify the port selection in the Device manager under "system info" in the program file menu under "administrative tools" then click on "device manager".
Here you will look for the "ports (COM & LPT)" (this represents the serial port configuration.
click on details and see if the the following is displayed:

USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60&MI_00\IC-R2500_xxxxxxx_xx (xxxxxxx_xx is your receivers serial number)
note: check the "port" setting in this step (9) as well. click "properties" then "details" under "port setting". It should have picked up port 4 but you may have a different bridge allocation.

10. Also under the device manager look under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" (USB's).

Here you will look for the following to be displayed:

USB\VID_10C4&PID_EA60\IC-R2500_xxxxxxx (xxxxxxx is your receivers serial number)

-------------------------------
Let me know the turn out

OAK

Last edited:

Onceaknight

I see you solved your issue ...

Dpritch said:
I purchased a R2500 over the weekend. The software that came with the radio was not Visa ready. Icom support pointed me to version 2.10 of the software, which has both drivers and operating system on their Web page. However, I loaded the newer version and all I get is the R1500 screen, even though the port setting "sees" the R2500 and even reads the serial number. No audio, no funtionality at all. Icom support has no idea what to try, so I'm hoping someone may have a solution, otherwise a good radio goes back. I can't downgrade to XP, too much to lose. BTW, the port used is Com 8. Manually changing to another Com port does not help. Also, the raiod works fine with the external controller. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

I was over at the PCR2500 group and see that you've solved the problem?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PCR2500/message/727

Just curious, are you running Vista 64 bit or 32?

Dpritch

Premium Subscriber
I'm running Visa Business with the 32-bit operating system. I called Icom today and suggested they include the "run as administrator" information in their Vista update instructions. I bet I'm not the only one who has (or will ) run across this problem. Now I'm working with Trunk PCR but see that the radio will not cover anything above 866.99999 MHz. The last two channels of our local EDACS system are in the 867 -868 MHz. range. So, it looks like I'm stuck again.

Onceaknight

Thanks ...

Dpritch said:
I'm running Visa Business with the 32-bit operating system. I called Icom today and suggested they include the "run as administrator" information in their Vista update instructions. I bet I'm not the only one who has (or will ) run across this problem. Now I'm working with Trunk PCR but see that the radio will not cover anything above 866.99999 MHz. The last two channels of our local EDACS system are in the 867 -868 MHz. range. So, it looks like I'm stuck again.

Helpful to know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.