PCWIN is coming to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpernett

Premium Subscriber
PCWIN scanning Issues

Hey all,

I am scanning on a BCD996XT and downloaded all the sites and talk groups from RR. I am not hearing any activity on PCWIN freqs. I know they are being used, but what am I doing wrong??

Thanks,

Bill

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Bill,

You'll need to upgrade your scanner. You won't hear anything, with one exception, unless you purchase a Uniden BCD436HP or the Uniden BCD536HP, or can find a GRE PSR-800. This trunk system can ONLY be fully monitored using a P25 Phase II compatible scanner, which the three I named above are.

It is possible at the moment to sometimes catch the Tucson Fire Department in P25 FDMA format, which your scanner can handle, but that's only a maybe. Certain conditions have to be met before you hear them transmitting an FDMA signal on this TDMA system. It will not be your every day occurrence.

Sorry, but you'll have to trade up if you want to hear things on this system.

Hey all,

I am scanning on a BCD996XT and downloaded all the sites and talk groups from RR. I am not hearing any activity on PCWIN freqs. I know they are being used, but what am I doing wrong??

Thanks,

Bill

wpernett

Premium Subscriber
PCWIN Scanning

Thanks for the information. Looks like I will be trading up to the bcd536hp. Not to confident it looks like it has some problems from the reviews I have read.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.