pd freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

countryboy879

long branch pd 154.7625rec input 158.9175
oceanport pd 159.2175rec input 156.0375

what are this freqs. are wide narrow or what how would i program them into a 2 way radio?

Highpockets

what are this freqs. are wide narrow or what how would i program them into a 2 way radio?

Are you authorized to transmit on these frequencies, if so, the person who authorized the use should have that info. If your not authorized you may be opening a can of worms.

elk2370bruce

Exactly why do you want to program those frequencies into a 2 way radio?

Ken: How many clueless wackers have we dealt with over the years? Well, it would be cool to show off in homeroom!. It is not whether or not the local blue shirts MIGHT be concerned. It is a matter of how badly they WILL be royally pissed and a personal visit/court order following in very short order.

elk2370bruce

It sounds like it's time to fire up the Crown Victoria, Jake and Elwood said they can be ready on a moment's notice.

Ken:
I be ready! All we need is Sir Roberto (who has not been in contact with me in a long time) I do miss him around here (and elsewhere). Can't wait to see any response to our collective answers to this thread.

Warmest Regards

Bruce

GM

Premium Subscriber
To Countryboy879:

A simple answer to your original question is: they are all Narrowband Frequency Modulation (NFM) for both the input and receive mode.

A note for you to consider on why you got the responses above: The above posters are just concerned that if you are programming a radio to transmit and receive, be sure that you are authorized to do so from each agency/department, and have that in writing specifically. They are just looking out for your own protection, since one (or more) are involved with the Department of Homeland Security and related agencies. There have been a number of incidents where individuals had radios programmed with various freq's (not just police) and were found to NOT be authorized to transmit on the particular frequency. A scanner is different, since it's only receive mode, and that varies by town and State law. Some individuals have two-way radios programmed as receive mode only, with no transmit possible. That's ok too without having to obtain permission from that agency/department.

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

"what are this freqs. are wide narrow or what how would i program them into a 2 way radio?"

No. Specifically we question this part, "How would I program them into a two way radio? As the Irishman said in Braveheart, "Just answer the %^$*( question."! Cliffnotes of responses to you so far: Why do you want to program these into a two way radio. This statement more than implies that you intend to talk on these frequencies or you'd just plug them into your scanner. Que Pasa?

elk2370bruce

To Countryboy879:

A simple answer to your original question is: they are all Narrowband Frequency Modulation (NFM) for both the input and receive mode.

A note for you to consider on why you got the responses above: The above posters are just concerned that if you are programming a radio to transmit and receive, be sure that you are authorized to do so from each agency/department, and have that in writing specifically. They are just looking out for your own protection, since one (or more) are involved with the Department of Homeland Security and related agencies. There have been a number of incidents where individuals had radios programmed with various freq's (not just police) and were found to NOT be authorized to transmit on the particular frequency. A scanner is different, since it's only receive mode, and that varies by town and State law. Some individuals have two-way radios programmed as receive mode only, with no transmit possible. That's ok too without having to obtain permission from that agency/department.

Well stated, Greg. Enquiring and investigative minds DO want to know. The chances of any response now are flushed into the bathroom porcelin utensil. We"ll just have to see if an arrest report is filed by the locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.