• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PD Series - Exporting Conventional Channel Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik1

Hello All

has anyone come across this ..........:unsure:

in the CPS when exporting conventional channel data to an Excel file, the file itself becomes ' Protected '
so as not to allow any alteration of the channel plan itself.

The protecting Password is NOT the same as the read protect password of the radio

so.........

Has anyone seen this before and does anyone know what the default password is......

and just out of interest when exporting conventional contacts the above does NOT happen and editing can
take place before reinserting

any guidance gratefully accepted

:)

bharvey2

Excel sheet and data protection isn't particularly secure. There are a number of password recovery programs in the wild that will recover it for you. Try a Google search and be sure to run an AV and Malware check on anything you download before using it.

Sputnik1

Thanks on that :)

as suggested I let my fingers do the Gooooogling and found some interesting stuff and tried it

In so doing I have managed to crack it - cheers (y)

Excel files now have passwords removed and now I am able to doctor the channel plan much more easily

all the best and thanks again

regards

Sputnik :cool:(y)

bharvey2

Glad you found a solution. Out of curiosity, what CPS program are you using? (for which radio) Having a number of radios, I've done a fair share of exporting to *.CSV files but have never run into the locked file issue. Which brings me to another question: Are you constrained to export to a particular file type?

Sputnik1

Hello using CPS 9.00 - for PD705 U1

the channel and contact lists export to *.xls at which point the channel data is protected but the contact lists are not.
so if I need to do edit a massive lists of contacts not a problem but doctoring a large channel plan is problematic and
would otherwise need doing line by line in the cps.

Sorry didnt even think to try other file types.....

thanks again

Sputnik

Status
Not open for further replies.