PDR-800 = Fragile

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzdiesel

I had an ordeal with my 800 tonight. I had it sitting on my desk and I was unhooking it to bring to bed with me. I was taking off the antenna connector and it hung and caused it to turn over my desk. It scatched the soft front cover just above the display, but the major thing was that it must've knocked the SD card loose. I hooked it back up here in the bedroom and the card went corrupt. It would not reformat & reload for several attempts. I was beginning to believe I damaged it but it finally formatted & reloaded and is now working again. So be gentle on them!

troymail

Silent Key
It can happen....

During the holidays while visiting my parents, I was in another room and heard a crash in the kitchen... I was hoping, really hoping, it wasn't my radio (that was turned on) but it was. My mother had knocked it over and it fell about 3-4 off the counter onto the tile floor.

When I entered the room my father was there trying to pt the batteries back in! (ouch)

Once the batteries were put back in, I turned it on and it was fine.

Man was I happy.

FWIW - I've had my share of SD Card corruption issues but the issues mostly had to do with me not following instructions (turn the radio off before applying or removing external/USB power). Some other issues were related to not fully/properly "safely" releasing the SD card in Windows.

So, don't be like me (-;

Last edited:

brownlab

Washington DC, Alexandria/Fairfax County /Loudoun
Also, be careful about the USB port connection to the radio. That cord and plug is the life line since it prowers and also programs the unit. The cords seen to develop "short" however replacements can be purchased at RS. However I managed to "blow out" the logic board on mine. Maybe not my fault but the unit had to got back to GRE to be repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.