Pdr400/arc300/mpscs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfdavenport

HI,

've been out of scanning for many years (last scanner was an old Radio Shack 80 channel).

Recently picked up a GRECOM 400, ARC300 software, and tehRadioShack USB interface cable 20-047.

Everything seems to be working great! Except for trunking. the ARC300 loads up all the channels great. Loads in the frequencies, the talkgroups.....but I can't get the Michigan Public Saftery trunking to work (Michigan Public Safety Communications System (MPSCS)).

I basically put al the associated frequencies for my area (St Clair County and Macomb County) each in thier own bank along with all the talkgroups. It all uploads to the scanner...but only the convential channels (in thier own bank) seen to work.

Ant ideas what i might be doing wrong?

kcoleman

dfdavenport,

Sorry to report the PSR400 is not going to be able to monitor the MPSCS. MPCSS is a Project 25 Phase 1 (FDMA) system. You would need to get one of the current digital scanners on the market to monitor this.

You might pose your question in the Michigan forum. The good folks there may help you decide on what scanner might be better but both GRE and Uniden have models that would meet the requirements to monitor this system.

Good Luck & Good Listening,
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.