Pdw and serial port

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
I'm playing around with PDW trying to decode the fire pages with some success, can't seem to get a consistent good decode rate but whatever. I'm wondering about plugging in my discriminator tap from the HP2. It's called "paw audio output" but all it is is discriminator output. But I don't know what to select in pdw, is it rs232 or slicer? I know on the HP2 itself you click serial port instead of mass storage, but don't know what to do on the PC's end.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I have a TRX-1 when I use it with IF Output (built in discriminator tap) I set the output on the scanner to headphones and run it into the mic jack of the computer, and it decodes go on PDW. I also turn squelch all the way down. In PDW is set to SOUNDCARD using Earphone 1 configuration and 1. Microphone.

While I know a TRX-1 and the HP2 are different, hopefully my set up will help you at least come up with some ideas.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 14.17.26.png

morfis

"paw audio output"

It's audio so you need to use the 'soundcard' input on PDW. Serial is for a schmit trigger type interface (hamcomm/two level or whatever you want to call it...four level for Flex).

Of the various soundcard input options you might have to experiment to see which gives the best decodes (and ignore the decode percentage in the top right of the gui..the ashtray on my old motorbike was more useful.

CanesFan95

If you're using SDR#, I have better luck with wider bandwidth settings like 20 or 25kHz:

1683681896739.png