PDW-POCSAG SMTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

daratt

Hi all

Up to now I've been using a gmail email account and Google's SMTP for relaying pager messages from PDW. Recently Google has stopped allowing 3rd party software from availing of it's SMTP and therefore doesn't work anymore.

Any suggestions for a SMTP service I could use without a heap of signing up and jumping through hoops?

Thanks in advance.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
Google is now requiring 3rd party software use an OAuth token. is there an updated version of your 3rd party app that might be compatible?

I had the identical issue with my e-mail client. I was forced to create my own domain name and email accounts with a provider that would allow me to use my older email client. that might be a solution for you and while it is not expensive it will cost $. i have provided the link in case you're interested.

www.enomcentral.com

daratt

thank you for your suggestion slicer. i have enabled 2 step signin and the 'app password'

In PDW (pocsag decoder software) there is a TEST feature to see if all is okay with sending email which upto now has been failing based on email username/password.

Now after entering the 'app password' instead of the sign in password and pressing TEST, a test email has come through so it appears to be working now - so far. I just need an actual pager message to come through now to be 100%.

thanks again and I will update here hopefully soon.

daratt

Hi Slicer

the 'app password' option has done the trick. pager messages now delivering to my email.

thanks for your suggestion and many thanks for your help.

regards...

Status
Not open for further replies.