Pearl River County - Need your input please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS_Mike

I just bought a Uniden SDS100 and am programming it. All is good, with the exception of the Picayune Police Department. In the database, there is only fire, public works and schools. There is no mention of the PD. A few years ago, I had an analog scanner and that was about the only thing I would receive since the other agencies went to digital and MSWIN. So, I got the new scanner and cannot find the Picayune PD.

Anyone have any data or suggestions? Maybe it just didn't get included on the database for whatever reason. However knowing Picayune, they might be using two tin cans and a string?

scanphreak

This article in 2019 details that the Picayune Police Department went to the MSWIN system. I know Pearl River County Sheriff, and Poplarville PD are using it. I would have thought that Picayune abandoned their VHF repeaters for it too. I'm sure they're there, but apparently NO ONE living in range of their towers cares to update the database. So, here is your golden opportunity. Take your SDS100 and put in all of the control frequencies for MSWIN near you and load all of the talkgroups for Pearl River County in there and leave the scanner in SEARCH mode and any unidentified talkgroup numbers that come up jot down. Then start listening to traffic. See if you can pick up details like locations of calls, and what kind of calls, etc. Before long you'll probably find the Picayune PD Dispatch talkgroup and then please share, submit it to the database for everyone else.

MS_Mike

Okay! Will do. I’m new to the digital world so thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction! Will be done shortly !

I thought the database was a fcc database so now I understand!

again, thank you very much!

scanphreak

I found it. It is in MSWIN trunked system and talkgroup 35755. Thanks folks!
Awesome! Don't forget to click the submit button in the database for mswin and add that talkgroup so the admins can update it. And yes the database is not FCC generated. The entire thing all over the US is listener generated. Its people like you who contribute and make it more effective and accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.