Pearland TxWARN site silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
late to the party

Hey,
New to the Whistler and EZscan. I was able to figure out Uniden, Radio Shack, and Unitrunker but this is whipping me.

Trying to program a WS 1080 to receive Pearland PD, Fire, and EMS. I'm using EZscan. I think I should be using the SouthEast simulcast site. CC 773.381250. The TG is 38650 for PPD. I have heard this TG a few times but the scanner doesn't seem like its receiving properly or decoding properly.

I entered the 800 Mhz sites and can hear lots of HCSO stuff.

One note. I'm in Pasadena. Is the SouthEast site better in Pearland? Is there a better site for Pasadena to hear Pearland? The scanner will eventually reside in Pearland.

Thanks

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
Pearland Talk Groups

Since Pearland joined Houston's 700 trunk system I'm not sure what they have on their old tower. The old repeaters belonged to Harris County and were moved to Friendswood's tower. Houston has two towers near Pearland, one in Alvin at the city maintenance facility on hwy 6 (Alvin East) and another between Alvin and Manvel (Alvin West). Radio Reference has the frequencies. Rumor has it the fire department is encrypted so you will not hear them.

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
Pearland PD, FD, etc., are on Houston Public Safety Southeast, and they are largely encrypted (including, e.g., Police Dispatch West).

W5GMD

Alvin, TX PD

I stopped hearing all Alvin PD traffic a few weeks back on my scanner. I can still hear Manvel though. I wonder if anyone knows where they went and what type of new scanner I will have to purchase to hear them again.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I stopped hearing all Alvin PD traffic a few weeks back on my scanner. I can still hear Manvel though. I wonder if anyone knows where they went and what type of new scanner I will have to purchase to hear them again.
See this post. Alvin is now on Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

You would need a digital scanner to monitor them. The Angleton tower and Galveston Simulcast sites mentioned use 700MHz frequencies, which rule out one of the older digital scanners such as the Pro-96/-2096 or Uniden BCD296/-796.

Since Houston PD/FD are using Phase II (TDMA), as is Pearland, among others on that system (those talkgroups have a "T" in the Mode column in the database), you may want to consider a scanner capable of those. That includes:
Uniden: BCD436HP. BCD536HP, Home Patrol-2

Whistler
WS1080 (also sold by Radio Shack as the Pro-668)

GRE (which is out of business)
PSR800)

Alvin, specifically, is Phase I P25 (talk groups labeled as 'D'). For Alvin, but not the TDMA, Phase II, users, you can use:
Uniden
Current: BCD396XT, BCD996XT, Home Patrol-1
Previous Models: BCD396T, BCD996T

Discontinued Radio Shack Models: Pro-106, Pro-197, Pro-18

From the old GRE: PSR-500, PSR-600

Whistler WS1040 (sold by Radio Shack as the Pro-651); WS1065 (sold by Radio Shack as the Pro-652)

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Pearland PD, FD, etc., are on Houston Public Safety Southeast, and they are largely encrypted (including, e.g., Police Dispatch West).
I hear PD dispatch for the entire city clear on 38650, and fire on 38660. You are correct that everything else is encrypted. SE Simulcast (03-003) is the correct site to use, although they can roam over to any of the three Brazoria County Zone 3 sites.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the input. I can hear PPD now. Still struggling with the not EZ for me software.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
League City Now Silent

League City went silent this morning. I know they were going to cut the simulcast with analog but I'm not hearing them on digital either. Did they go encryption on everything or just change frequencies?

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
League CIty Silent

Apparently a dead zone in our building was causing me to not hear League City but I could hear Friendswood loud and clear. Once I left the building League City starting coming through. I have the BCD436HT so I haven't had any other problems.

Last edited:

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
Alvin PD & FD

Still looking for Alvin PD and FD. I programmed in both their Smartzone and Phase II talk groups in all surrounding towers (Galveston County Simulcast, League City, Alvin/Dickinson & Friendswood). Now that I have them surrounded just waiting to hear something.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Still looking for Alvin PD and FD. I programmed in both their Smartzone and Phase II talk groups in all surrounding towers (Galveston County Simulcast, League City, Alvin/Dickinson & Friendswood). Now that I have them surrounded just waiting to hear something.

What "Phase II" TG's are you referring to?

You should be using the TG's listed here...

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

And site 01-54 would be your best bet.

mush0man

Premium Subscriber
I have a few more questions. Sometimes the scanner stops on TG 38650 but I'm not hearing any voice. I have 5 bars of signal.

I'm seeing these VC frequencies while still trying to dial in Pearland PD.
They are,

I have site 003 (03), control channel 773.38125 programmed into the WS-1080. I don't see in the data base where any of these voice channels are associated with the control channel. What am I overlooking?

Also. And this probably should be posted elsewhere,, Is there a better DSP setting I should be using?
I'm using the default settings.

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
Alvin PD & FVD

Found them both on the Galveston County Simulcast P25 system.

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
For Pearland try 769.80625 770.05625 770.33125 770.58125 770.83125 771.05625 771.40625a on Houston's SE tower.

cennyddpow

pro-668

Just want to make sure.
If I get a pro-668 will I be able to hear Pearland Police or will they be encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.