Pearland TxWARN site silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknishun

Re; Pearland TxWARN site silent

I am not receiving anything on the Pearland TxWARN site on my BCT8.
Did they go digital??

Friday night and Saturday night (tonight, right now) I am monitoring Pearland

on TxWARN (analog) with both a BCD536HP and a PSR-800 and it is working fine.

I am just using the stock antennas that came with both units. There does not seem

to be as much traffic as other agencies, but what I do get is loud and clear.

teknishun@aol.com KF5OPQ

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
I heard PVFD is going to 700 but that may take a while to happen. I don't know if the whole city is going to 700. Currently their communications is not coming over either the Pearland tower or the League City tower.

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
Pearland VFD

Pearland VFD is still not coming across on League City's tower. I am going to start monitoring PPD tomorrow and see if something comes across. OK. just heard Pearland PD on both League City and Alvin towers. Not sure what is going on.

Last edited:

thinshavings

The Pearland site signal is very weak, I can receive it if I move the radio.
I am only using the telescopic antenna on the back of the radio.
I can receive the Missouri City site though.
What gives??

JohnnnyBoy

Premium Subscriber
Pearland VFD

I just found out that Pearland is moving from the Harris County 800 system to the Houston 700 system which is suppose to be encrypted. Apparently the VFD has already made that move. Houston is still working out problems with their system so the FD may be having to switch back and forth until all of the issues are worked out.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Good to know! I've gotten a little traffic on the Pearland East channel, but when I do, it is almost always a weak signal.

wwiii

Pearland Made the move today.

I just found out that Pearland is moving from the Harris County 800 system to the Houston 700 system which is suppose to be encrypted. Apparently the VFD has already made that move. Houston is still working out problems with their system so the FD may be having to switch back and forth until all of the issues are worked out.

Looks like Pearland made the move today. They have been testing for a few months and running dual broadcast. I was told the switch would be on July 1st but it didn't happen. I have not heard anything on the 800 system today. (BCSO is still up) Does anyone have the new freqs for Pearland? Are they encrypted? Fire and EMS (not VFD anymore) did move already. In fact Pearland dispatch no longer dispatches FD and EMS, Houston does.

bpckty1

There is a thread on HoustonScan's Yahoo group stating that Pearland has moved to the TDMA system on the TxWarn level 3 SE tower.

bpckty1

Here's the info from HoustonScan's first post on Pearland's switch:

Sounds like Pearland made the switch to the City of Houston Zone 3 system this morning.

They are using TG in the range 38650-38670 (so far).

Some of the TG are encrypted (FD TAC 1) on 38664.

You can still hear FD dispatch on 453.850 MHz for now.

PD is in the clear on 38650.

I don't listen to public works but haven't heard anything in the clear that
sounds like them on Zone 3.

I'm listening to the Southeast simulcast.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Here's the info from HoustonScan's first post on Pearland's switch:

Sounds like Pearland made the switch to the City of Houston Zone 3 system this morning.

They are using TG in the range 38650-38670 (so far).

Some of the TG are encrypted (FD TAC 1) on 38664.

You can still hear FD dispatch on 453.850 MHz for now.

PD is in the clear on 38650.

I don't listen to public works but haven't heard anything in the clear that
sounds like them on Zone 3.

I'm listening to the Southeast simulcast.

By "PD is in the clear on 38650" Are you saying that it comes in "loud and clear" (as in no encryption, all transmission are easily understood), or clear as in "air is clear, I can't hear anything at all, not even the garbled encrypted transmissions"?

I ask because I programmed in the Zone 3 Control Channel on my Pro96, and I am getting nothing at all.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
By "PD is in the clear on 38650" Are you saying that it comes in "loud and clear" (as in no encryption, all transmission are easily understood), or clear as in "air is clear, I can't hear anything at all, not even the garbled encrypted transmissions"?

I ask because I programmed in the Zone 3 Control Channel on my Pro96, and I am getting nothing at all.

A Pro-96 won't track 700 MHz systems.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Dang, that would explain why I can still get HPD but not PPD HPD put their Government Services in the 800MHz range, which I can scan.

Well, I guess it is about time to upgrade to a new scanner...or two...

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Well, I guess it is about time to upgrade to a new scanner...or two...

Or 3...or...:D

To add to that, they are TDMA, so you'll need either one of the x36HP-series Uniden's or a GRE PSR-800 (if you can find one).

Status
Not open for further replies.