Pedestrian Struck by Train

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Lehigh & Devon...Zone 1, CFD Main Fire, CFD EMS-North, Metra Police (Handling paper)...Resurrection Med 3 for documentation soon..

Chicago13

I happened to have my scanner on Zone 1 while inbound on the Kennedy when this happened.

Right before the call for the Metra incident, a car was dispatched to the fire station at Lehigh right across the street from the train station to do a report of an accident involving an ambulance. Then while the Metra incident was unfolding there apparently was a 2 car accident at Lehigh/Central. Probably due to the traffic being backed up because of the train.

Not long before all of that happened the 17th district had Peterson closed between Cicero and Pulaski for an accident.

A very odd couple of hours in Zone 1 today.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I happened to have my scanner on Zone 1 while inbound on the Kennedy when this happened.

Right before the call for the Metra incident, a car was dispatched to the fire station at Lehigh right across the street from the train station to do a report of an accident involving an ambulance. Then while the Metra incident was unfolding there apparently was a 2 car accident at Lehigh/Central. Probably due to the traffic being backed up because of the train.

Not long before all of that happened the 17th district had Peterson closed between Cicero and Pulaski for an accident.

A very odd couple of hours in Zone 1 today.

Yes it was and did hear all the traffic you mentioned. No CPD Zone is immune from "all hell breaking loose" syndrome, just have to be listening at the right time..

Status
Not open for further replies.