Peekskill PD Frequency ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2ns

Hi All,

Peekskill PD used to be on 154.845, but according to this website's database and others, they should now be on 460.1 & 460.45 Mhz. I have been listening for over a week, and nothing has broken the squelch on any of those frequencies. They are usually a very busy department. Does anyone know where they are hiding ???

RON

Last edited:

scannerfreek

They do use 460.100 but it doesn't have a lot of range. I live just outside of Peekskill and I have trouble picking them up. I usually have to be in Peekskill itself to get them. You need a decent antenna. But 460.1 is the right frequ though.

comspec

I can confirm that. Peekskill is VERY weak. The must have some special radio that stops at the border. And although there is activity when you are in the city, it is not as busy as you would have thought.

Also note Buchanan also moved to that frequency as they are still dispatched by Peekskill

k2ns

I can confirm that. Peekskill is VERY weak. The must have some special radio that stops at the border. And although there is activity when you are in the city, it is not as busy as you would have thought.

Also note Buchanan also moved to that frequency as they are still dispatched by Peekskill

I am very surprised--154.845 used to be extremely busy years ago. Maybe all the troublemakers moved out. I'm about 5 miles away, in Putnam Valley, and so far, no activity on 460.1 at all. The next time I head west on route 6, I'll take my old BC-200 with me and see if I hear anything.

RON

comspec

It could be that I am never close enough when anything is going on or it could be that with the new radio system they do more computer aided dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.