Peel Ambulance Freq?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
the database search it

Had you taken the time to look before you slammed DaveH you should have noticed that these frequencies were no longer in use by Mississauga CACC:

Region Wide

Frequency Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
143.50500 R 118.8 PL MOHPeelS Ambulance Dispatch (old) FM Deprecated
152.00000 R 118.8 PL MOHPeelN Ambulance Dispatch (old) FM Deprecated

152.000 is a frequency that Toronto's Fleetnet system uses as part of its trunked system on where you can find Peel Region's Paramedics.
I trust you can find the link in the DB.

Eric

mciupa

Database Admin
If you've figured out VHF trunking in your scanner, enter the Britannia site in Control Channel Only mode and these are the talkgroups you are interested in:

35744 MIS CACC
35760 MIS NORTH Peel North
35776 MIS SOUTH Peel South
35792 MIS HALTON Halton
35808 MIS TAC 1 Tactical 1
35824 MIS TAC 2 Tactical 2
35840 MIS TAC 3 Tactical 3
35856 MIS TAC 4 Tactical 4
35872 MIS TAC 5 Tactical 5
35888 MIS SPARE Spare
37504 MIS TAC 6

cosway

Premium Subscriber
it's not hooked up to my PC yet, so I'm trying to figure it out the old way.
I get the feeling everybody programs with their computer now.
I have been out of the game for 10 years.

Had you taken the time to look before you slammed DaveH you should have noticed that these frequencies were no longer in use by Mississauga CACC:

Region Wide

Frequency Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
143.50500 R 118.8 PL MOHPeelS Ambulance Dispatch (old) FM Deprecated
152.00000 R 118.8 PL MOHPeelN Ambulance Dispatch (old) FM Deprecated

152.000 is a frequency that Toronto's Fleetnet system uses as part of its trunked system on where you can find Peel Region's Paramedics.
I trust you can find the link in the DB.

Eric

Sorry I didn't slam dave h nor was I trying to be rude about it at all I just searched the database and it came up with that it never said it was the old freqs

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
it's not hooked up to my PC yet, so I'm trying to figure it out the old way.
I get the feeling everybody programs with their computer now.
I have been out of the game for 10 years.

What kind of scanner do you have?

Peel Region Paramedics broadcast on two talkgroups. Most of Mississaugas activity is found on Peel South, some of the more northern areas (Malton) can be found along with Brampton and Caledon on Peel North's talkgroup.
Generally Tac 4's talkgroup is used for hosptial patches to Mississaugas Hospitals and Tac5 for Brampton's hospitals.
You will also be able to hear more wide coverage on the various MOH zone talkgroups such as 34992 and ambulances travelling to Toronto (sometimes referred as Metro) on 36176.

If you need any help figuring out how to program and I can help please dont hesitate to ask. If I cant there are others to help for sure.

Last edited:

cosway

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BC 246T I have been reading this forum for a few days now and have tried a lot of ideas but still not getting the hang of it. I'll probably just pay somebody to program it LOL.

As a fluke I did figure out how to program some Peel Police stuff.

-K

What kind of scanner do you have?

Peel Region Paramedics broadcast on two talkgroups. Most of Mississaugas activity is found on Peel South, some of the more northern areas (Malton) can be found along with Brampton and Caledon on Peel North's talkgroup.
Generally Tac 4's talkgroup is used for hosptial patches to Mississaugas Hospitals and Tac5 for Brampton's hospitals.
You will also be able to hear more wide coverage on the various MOH zone talkgroups such as 24992 and ambulances travelling to Toronto (sometimes referred as Metro) on 36176.

If you need any help figuring out how to program and I can help please dont hesitate to ask. If I cant there are others to help for sure.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
That is a decent scanner for your area although you wont be able to hear the OPP on fleetnet.

The sticky at the top of the forum offers a play by play way to program your scanner. The cable is helpful and software associated with the 246 makes it very easy to program but you can do it by hand. Free samples of it are available by googling Butel.
You can pick up lots of files on various Yahoo groups and I bet plenty of people have files here to share. If you get software you can download things directly from this site if you pay dues or cut and paste from the database and load it onto the scanner if you are cheap like me.

All CACC's have their own languages so to speak; I have a list of all coverage areas and posts if you need.

cosway

Premium Subscriber
I tried that sticky twice now and its not 100%
for example on my scanner there is no option to "set modulation" and my new group ends up being FM not NFM what ever that means.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
I tried that sticky twice now and its not 100%
for example on my scanner there is no option to "set modulation" and my new group ends up being FM not NFM what ever that means.

Thats just modulation, not a huge deal.

DaveH

No offense taken here, was just probing to see if the info came from old
outdated lists which are still hanging around the Internet (which some people
still use from time to time).

Entering these two frequencies alone will produce nothing, or some bits of
disjointed conversations mixed with digital voice. I trust this is cleared up now.

Dave

cosway

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE
I got the USB cable and updated my firmware, then purchased ARC246 and upgraded my subscription on radioref.

downloaded all sorts of Peel Police and Fire and Halton EMS everything is working great but still no Mississauga ambulance service ......I got this far so I'm not a total moron :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Have you programmed in a Fleetnet system using the Brittania tower, as suggested above my mciupia?

If you've figured out VHF trunking in your scanner, enter the Britannia site in Control Channel Only mode and these are the talkgroups you are interested in:

35744 MIS CACC
35760 MIS NORTH Peel North
35776 MIS SOUTH Peel South
35792 MIS HALTON Halton
35808 MIS TAC 1 Tactical 1
35824 MIS TAC 2 Tactical 2
35840 MIS TAC 3 Tactical 3
35856 MIS TAC 4 Tactical 4
35872 MIS TAC 5 Tactical 5
35888 MIS SPARE Spare
37504 MIS TAC 6

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Try that file with Butel

you may have to edit the group number

Attachments

• Peel-Ems.zip
    712 bytes · Views: 110
Last edited:

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Are you monitoring Britannia 141.420 ?
The two talkgroups in question are constant on this tower.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
also remember that Peel and York EMS bounce between towers alot (Balinfad, King City and Britannia) and the 246 will not grab those towers without separate groups for each tower. The file i gave you only has Peel channels and the Britannia tower, you could add York channels to that file but it will be limited action from York on the Mississauga tower. King City is very busy with both Peel and York...

Last edited:

cosway

Premium Subscriber
Thanks
I picked up Peel north and south and halton but its very faint. is it my antenna?
Toronto ems is loud and clear and I live in Mississauga near the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.