Peel Police TG questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
What does CIB stand for (PRPD - 11 Division CIB) Crime Investigations Bureau?
Also any reason why 11 Division Doesn't have a SE2? Or have we not found it yet? All the other divisions have 2 Special Events TG's... Mike I have also got a way for you to break down Peel Police in the data base area if your interest PM me with a email addie and i will send you my ARC396 file and you maybe get a few ideas.... If your interested...

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
here is another question... I want to do a search on Peel System and in order to do it i would think its best to load all know talk groups and lock them out.. Now the problem with this is their is 170 TG and my 396 only will allow 200 total. So when you go to do the search you have only room to store 28 new TG's.. Any thoughts on how to get around this? Also again Status Bit should be off correct?

mbstone99

Peel

Chrome69 said:
here is another question... I want to do a search on Peel System and in order to do it i would think its best to load all know talk groups and lock them out.. Now the problem with this is their is 170 TG and my 396 only will allow 200 total. So when you go to do the search you have only room to store 28 new TG's.. Any thoughts on how to get around this? Also again Status Bit should be off correct?

Ya status bit should be off as that will save you a lot of extra TG's. Usually what I do for storing TG's is save them as I hear them and then tag them. There are a lot of TG's on Peel's system that I haven't heard yet and so saving that extra space.

Matt

jellotor

Chrome69 said:
What does CIB stand for (PRPD - 11 Division CIB) Crime Investigations Bureau?

Depends on the agency. Could be that or Criminal Intelligence Bureau. I've also seen Criminal Investigation/Intelligence Division too. For all intents and purposes, it's the detectives.

pathalogical

Chrome69 said:
Are all TGs programed in and alpha tagged ? If so, run your radio in ID SEARCH mode, any known IDs still show up alpha tagged and any unknown/new ones show up as ID:xxxx. How about splitting Peel in two ? You can put some IDs in Peel 1 and some in Peel 2 which could allow you to better organize your GROUPS and you'll have lots of room for new stuff. Or put more active stuff in Peel 1 and less active stuff in Peel 2.

...just my 1 cent worth, I'm poor and can't afford 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.