Peel Region - 11 and 12 Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

OdinsVoice

Hey guys I just grabbed a Bearcat portable scanner and I was hoping someone could tell me the frequencies for 11 and 12 division for Peel Police. I know there is a live feed on here for these two divisions but I haven't been able to find the exact frequencies. I have quite a few Peel frequencies stored in my scanner already but I'm unsure which is which, and I'm pretty sure some of them are even fire. I know some frequencies I have are police but am not sure which part of Peel these are from. 11 and 12 would be ideal.

Thanks

yabber

Peel police are on a trunked system. It's not as simple as just punching the frequency in and listning.
I don't want to assume anything, but - do you have a trunktracker scanner and are you familure with trunking basics?

If so, then the information is in the Radio Reference database on this page:
Peel Region Trunking System, Peel, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Canada > Ontario > Peel (County) > Peel Region
"Peel Region Police Talkgroups"

Which radio do you have? Was it already programmed when you received it?

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Peel Police (as well as Peel Fire) are on an 800MHz SmartZone trunked system. You would need to program in that system in order to hear them.

OdinsVoice

Well I'm getting some Peel cops in my region, that is certain. I have about 10-15 frequencies stored which are all Peel related but I don't know which ones are which. That is why I was hoping someone could help me with the labels.

pathalogical

What's the model of the scanner you have ? I'm under the impression that when mentioning Bearcat it may be of the older Uniden models and may not have the trunking capabilities. The newer Uniden radios are simply refered to as Uniden, which do have trunk tracking. For the frequncies, check the database, and for your divisions, look for the TalkGroup (DEC column), that's what shows up on your radios display.

Last edited:

OdinsVoice

Sorry I should have included the model. It's a BC346XT and certainly has trunking capabilities.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
It's sounds like you've just dumped in Peel's frequencies in conventional mode and haven't taken advantage of the 346's trunking capabilities.

Have you set Peel up as a trunking system?

OdinsVoice

It's sounds like you've just dumped in Peel's frequencies in conventional mode and haven't taken advantage of the 346's trunking capabilities.

Have you set Peel up as a trunking system?

I hope this reply posts, this is my third attempt to reply to this thread. Anyways, I haven't learned all the inns and outs of my scanner yet, but I think I have probably dumped all the frequencies in like you've said. I've labeled the site and talk group as Peel, but without knowing which is which, my scanner will just pick up all of them at once when it is in scan mode. So I may be getting 11 division one second, and then 22 the next. It's manageable, but I know I'm missing out on more control I could be having with the scanner. There is no manual either...a CD is included but it only tells you how to program in frequencies without telling you what each of the menu options do.

OdinsVoice

Peel police are on a trunked system. It's not as simple as just punching the frequency in and listning.
I don't want to assume anything, but - do you have a trunktracker scanner and are you familure with trunking basics?

If so, then the information is in the Radio Reference database on this page:
Peel Region Trunking System, Peel, Ontario - Scanner Frequencies

Canada > Ontario > Peel (County) > Peel Region
"Peel Region Police Talkgroups"

Which radio do you have? Was it already programmed when you received it?

Thanks man, that list helps a ton. It was programmed for American frequencies in various states, which of course prove useless to me on a daily basis. But these talkgroups should facilitate things. I'm still getting familiar with the basics though.

yabber

OdinsVoice,
I'm expecting delivery of my BC346XT as well, so perhaps we will be learning together... Although I purchased the USB cable and plan on programming with the computer instead of by hand. Our scanners, the BC346XT, use DMA (Dynamic Memory Scanner) - and I hear it's a little harder to learn initially. :(

There is A LOT of stuff on the wiki about everything from the scanner itself to the networks and how to program them in. It's also great because when I hit a term I don't know it's either linked to another article - or I can search it. The wiki is your friend.

I have a suggestion, and others may decide if it's good or bad advice. The wiki has step-by-step instructions for programming the scanner for the Bell Fleetnet system. (That would be a lot of the provincial agencies, OPP, MTO, etc.).

I suggest that one option you may want to consider, is to follow the instructions to program the Fleetnet system into your scanner. If it works - presto! Then you can follow the same steps with Peel. Makes sense, right? However, keep in mind I have not done this yet myself. :)

Programming your Uniden DMA (Dynamic Memory Scanner) scanner for Bell Mobility Radio's Fleetnet system
wiki page, forum post (I'm not sure how well this works for the BC346XT)

BC346XT Information
Radio Reference wiki page
Uniden's website (They have instructions)
*** click Programming your scanner > click Setting up systems > click Motorola Trunked Systems (that's what Peel is) > follow instructions...

Here is a LINK to my first post in the newbie section. It's a good place to look for help understanding the unit and the concepts itself. Keep in mind that double posting (or cross posting) the same message between multiple forms is frowned upon though.

-yabber

Status
Not open for further replies.