Peel Region Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Just to let you guys know i have done a change on my Audio Feed I am now running stereo feed with Peel Fire on the Left Side and Peel Police on the Right side..

Looking for feedback on what you think guys. Outside of the Popping noise, running the feeds on Motorola equipment

Enjoy

Last edited:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
how do you like it? Do you want it left this way? Would you rather see the 2 feeds seperate or 1 dual feed with fire only (Brampton & Caledon on one side and other side Mississauga)and forget about Police?

colby4601

I have been listening and I think it sounds great. I like the Police and Fire, but don't necessarily let me sway you!

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I like both as well but am thinking of just making them to separate feeds instead of a stereo feed. Its harder to follow on a phone then on a computer because we can't adjust the balance on say a Black Berry, not sure if you can on a iPhone

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
You're correct, you can't adjust it on a BlackBerry, but I can tell you, you sure do get the stereo sound though of it on a BlackBerry. Especially with the earpiece.

I know, I was listening to the feed the other day while riding the bus here, and it worked just fine.

My preference however is to have everything coming out all at once. Police/Fire/EMS whatever ya got on there. No need to have stereo feeds. But that's just my preference.

Thanks, I like both as well but am thinking of just making them to separate feeds instead of a stereo feed. Its harder to follow on a phone then on a computer because we can't adjust the balance on say a Black Berry, not sure if you can on a iPhone

VE3RADIO

Crystal Clear! Finally I can listen to PRPD at work in my office tower in TO! Even TPS comes in scratchy on my radios in my office.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
You're correct, you can't adjust it on a BlackBerry, but I can tell you, you sure do get the stereo sound though of it on a BlackBerry. Especially with the earpiece.

I know, I was listening to the feed the other day while riding the bus here, and it worked just fine.

My preference however is to have everything coming out all at once. Police/Fire/EMS whatever ya got on there. No need to have stereo feeds. But that's just my preference.

their is 2 problems with your preference. if you have everything on a mono feed like for example York's is, you can not follow a house fire easily because of the traffic of police. Second with regards to Peel's aspect Police are quieter audio level wise so if you turn up the volume and Fire will come in Screaming. That's why i elected to do the stereo feed plus if your listening on a computer you can adjust your balance and listen to one or the other. For me personally i find it busy with both going at the same time i am losing the conversation. Maybe its me.. :D Did this make sense?

pathalogical

Great idea of splitting the audio ! I find I have to crank my speakers up more than usual. Does the volume (on my end) depend on how the feed provider has set their feed radios volume ? If you crank yours, does it sound better on our end ? Also, are the YYZ TGIDs part of the feed too ?

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
yes i can adjust the volume on each side so the sound is better controlled . No I do Not have anything with YYZ. This feed isn't on a Scanner, I am running Motorola radios for better quality sound. Do you feel my feed is to low in volume?

pathalogical

yes i can adjust the volume on each side so the sound is better controlled . No I do Not have anything with YYZ. This feed isn't on a Scanner, I am running Motorola radios for better quality sound. Do you feel my feed is to low in volume?
My bad, yes, you did say Motorola...I'm always in scanner mode, lol ! I don't think there is anything wrong with the volume on your end, I have my pc speakers at 50%, but when YouTubing stuff, my ears get blasted, so I think it's just a matter of playing with the various volume sliders on my end.

yorkphotog

Premium Subscriber
Brian,

While I I haven't listened to the feed yet, splitting the channels is a great idea that I never thought about. Peel is a system that can be very busy at times, which makes it very difficult to follow an incident via a stream.

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
Brian,

While I I haven't listened to the feed yet, splitting the channels is a great idea that I never thought about. Peel is a system that can be very busy at times, which makes it very difficult to follow an incident via a stream.

yes very true, plus the audio levels are different between Fire and Police. So I have better control on it. Also i still can if available turn off scanning and focus say on a Fire leaving it on that TAC channel. Its still playing with this idea, i may break it up and make 2 separate feeds yet... Looking at all the feed back and then make my decision..

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, sure makes sense.

I suppose I would do the same too if I had more than one radio.

their is 2 problems with your preference. if you have everything on a mono feed like for example York's is, you can not follow a house fire easily because of the traffic of police. Second with regards to Peel's aspect Police are quieter audio level wise so if you turn up the volume and Fire will come in Screaming. That's why i elected to do the stereo feed plus if your listening on a computer you can adjust your balance and listen to one or the other. For me personally i find it busy with both going at the same time i am losing the conversation. Maybe its me.. :D Did this make sense?

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Didn't you get in trouble for attempting this before?

You a cop Bryan?
I thought you were a bald photographer.

Arent you in Alberta anyway?
What do you care-If cops are on here and they care they will deal with Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.