Pembroke Police Service is no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
In a vote of 8 to 1 city council has voted to go with a Integated Unit of the OPP starting in 2013.

142.8450 to be retired soon. Replaced with 2OPS42 and a BEAT repeater.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm actually looking forward to this. From a scanner enthusiast standpoint of course. I'll actually be able to listen to Pembroke City now on a more permanent basis now that they'll be on Fleetnet now. Hopefully they'll associate with other towers around here though other then just the Pembroke tower.

It'll be interesting to see how the policing goes there. In my town, it's been 12 years since we disbanded to the OPP and there's still mixed reactions to this day. Not cost wise, but attitude wise with the community.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I'm actually looking forward to this. From a scanner enthusiast standpoint of course. I'll actually be able to listen to Pembroke City now on a more permanent basis now that they'll be on Fleetnet now. Hopefully they'll associate with other towers around here though other then just the Pembroke tower.

It'll be interesting to see how the policing goes there. In my town, it's been 12 years since we disbanded to the OPP and there's still mixed reactions to this day. Not cost wise, but attitude wise with the community.

Whatever towers the 3Mike units show up on you will hear the city calls. Pembroke will be Zone 4 in the 3Mike UOV area.

Zone 1- Petawawa
Zone 2 - – Laurentian Valley, parts of North Algona Wilberforce, Whitewater Region and Admaston Bromley
Zone 3 - – Laurentian Hills, Head/Clara/Maria
Zone 4 - Pembroke

Good thing I saved all the docs from the citys website because they need to be gone now.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Actually, now that I think of it. It won't matter. They'll be on OPS42 with everyone else anyways.

Whatever towers the 3Mike units show up on you will hear the city calls. Pembroke will be Zone 4 in the 3Mike UOV area.

Zone 1- Petawawa
Zone 2 - – Laurentian Valley, parts of North Algona Wilberforce, Whitewater Region and Admaston Bromley
Zone 3 - – Laurentian Hills, Head/Clara/Maria
Zone 4 - Pembroke

Good thing I saved all the docs from the citys website because they need to be gone now.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Pembroke Police 142.8450 has gone quiet. While the OPP don't officially take over until July they are already on the streets and taking calls via Smith Falls Comm Centre. 3Mike4XXX aka Zone 4 of the Upper Ottawa Valley is what Pembroke is now called.

PPS Officers who are moving to the OPP are not in Orilla being trained and when they return they will have OPP hardware, uniforms etc.. Training is being done in two parts while OPP cover the city.

Old Pembroke Police cars have been moved to the back lot of the station and the OPP are parking out front now.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
It is amazing the calls that go over the air now when 90% of it was done via Cell phone before.

Status
Not open for further replies.