PennDot safety trucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Gang
Does anyone know or have heard the PennDot safety service tow trucks that patrol I 95 in the Philly area? They may be on or you would think that it would make sense the Pa STARNET system ?
I used to see State Farm sponsored ones but have been seeing the PennDot darker ones.
Thanks!

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
They would likely be heard on D6 Districtwide Towing TGID 11904 or D6 Districtwide Turnpike Inter-Ops TGID 11900
But may appear on any D6 TGID if they are on the P25.

Other possibilities..
D6 TCC1 11686
D6 TCC2 11687
D6 TCC3 11688
D6 TCC4 11689
D6 TCC5 11690
D6 TCC6 11908
D6 TCC7 11909
D6 TCC8 11910
D6 TCC9 11911
D6 TCC10 11912

Last edited:

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
A guy I work with has a brother whose company runs the black tow trucks on I95 in Philly. He tells me that none of the trucks, including the ones that used to have State Farm on them, use the Penndot radio system. They used to a while back but they no longer do.

Penndot does not own any of the trucks.

They communicate with Penndot via phones now. There are 3 different companies running the trucks and going through traffic control at Penndot was confusing and took longer than using the phone.

His brother's trucks can talk to each other on their own radio system though.

ra7850

A guy I work with has a brother whose company runs the black tow trucks on I95 in Philly. He tells me that none of the trucks, including the ones that used to have State Farm on them, use the Penndot radio system. They used to a while back but they no longer do.

Penndot does not own any of the trucks.

They communicate with Penndot via phones now. There are 3 different companies running the trucks and going through traffic control at Penndot was confusing and took longer than using the phone.

His brother's trucks can talk to each other on their own radio system though.

Did he mention what system they are using?

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Each truck is contracted to Penndot they all have their own radio systems as mentioned Evb towing and Janeway towing are the biggest in the Philadelphia area. I know they have a direct line to penndot in the tow company office via phone and radio and then the companies dispatch the trucks. Evb uses a local Dmr system not sure about janeway.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Did hear one on the Trbocom Cherry Hill system a few years ago but have not heard them in well over a year on it.

RES27CUE

Premium Subscriber
Nortons (IE subcontracted black 95 trucks from the ben franklin bridge to the betsy ross bridge) communicate with penndot traffic control via cell phone only. They also rent airspace from compaths communications out of north philly they are on the idas system in the 460mhz band for truck to truck communications but is very rarely used

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Nortons (IE subcontracted black 95 trucks from the ben franklin bridge to the betsy ross bridge) communicate with penndot traffic control via cell phone only. They also rent airspace from compaths communications out of north philly they are on the idas system in the 460mhz band for truck to truck communications but is very rarely used

That's the guy I work with brother's company. Nortons Tow Squad is the full name I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.