Pennsylvania Mobile Ham Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

katt02

Katt
Google had proved itself no use in my situation!
I have tried to google the answer to this and I could not find a solid answer. Is a licensed Amateur radio operator allowed to have a mobile radio in his/her car? Would a licensed operator be allowed to use this radio in Pennsylvania; and could he/she get any form of ticket for having this? As I stated before I tried to use google and I could not find anything except for scanner laws.
Thanks!

PGHSCANNERWACKER1

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know there really no law to use a ham in your vehicle.anyone can have scanner radios .but I’m not a lawyer.i believe the only thing is using cellphone you must use a hand free device even though no one listens to that law. And a microphone from a radio is acceptable to use.no really scanner law other then it’s illegal to use it to commit a crime .but I bet someone else has the real law.

royldean

Interesting that this law seems to apply to using an aprs capable HT (not a a mobile, though, as that is "integrated" into the vehicle).

But honestly, sending/reading APRS messages while driving is pretty damn stupid.....

[edit] BTW, there ARE local municiple laws about using electronics while driving. Preemption applies with the state law, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.