Pennsylvania State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRupert

Troop F units are now just getting onto OPENSKY. Montoursville, Lamar, Milton, Selingsgrove, and Stonigton barracks. Still hear some VHF traffic, but that is getting less and less as time progresses.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys for the replies. I read about the Open Sky system being used there and figured they were already using it. Just a bummer that they can't be monitered anymore.

73s

Chad

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
Still hearing some general chit-chat around Chambersburg area on Tac 1 , mostly directions to a call location and situation reports between troopers responding to incidents.

captclint

Mentor
As of this week, All of Troop N, Hazelton, Bloomsburg, Fern Ridge, Leighton and Swiftwater have made the Switch, along with All of Troop P Wyoming, Laporte, Towanda, Tunkhannock and Shickshinny. Dunmore as well.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Capt Clint is correct about Dunmore... haven't heard them in days. Honesdale is very quiet, too. Was hearing Swiftwater last week, but nada now. Blooming Grove still very active VHF analog.

radiomanNJ1

Wow only a few years and many millions over budget and it's almost done. Sure sounds like you neighbors in PA spent your tax dollars wisely. NOT.

MA-Com the people who let you know they sold the SKY IS FALLING radio system.

skip39

i still hear blooming grove psp on the analog vhf channels. i know they are also using the opensky system for most comms though

jerry092975

Two days ago the state police was looking for someone in the area and i heard the opensky radios talking and it was so clear just like they where all sitting here talking to each other, the radio had a red and green light flashing on top of it.......I WANT ONE,CAN I ORDER ONE OFF OF EBAY....LOL

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Two days ago the state police was looking for someone in the area and i heard the opensky radios talking and it was so clear just like they where all sitting here talking to each other, the radio had a red and green light flashing on top of it.......I WANT ONE,CAN I ORDER ONE OFF OF EBAY....LOL

When the radios work, they work really well. The issue is the radios working consistently.

You really can speak to someone on the other end of the state and have them sound like they are standing in the same room with you...as long as the radios work.

Status
Not open for further replies.