Pensacola/ Escambia frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcolaGuy

I have an older model "Uniden Bearcat 10 channel radio scanner". Is there any local frequencies in the Pensacola area that I can listen to/pick up? Has everyone gone digital?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
thanks Bravo14... any recommendations on an inexpensive digital scanner? trunking system?

I have the 436/536 and Updated version prs800 does Phase ll. You'll need a phase ll scanner. There is the whistler trx 1 & 2 and some others out there.

PcolaGuy

I want to thank you for the information. Years ago I had a Bearcat 30 Channel 10 Band Radio Scanner BC60XLT-1 which did its job back then had no problems listening to the local law enforcement channels. I'm recently retired and want to get back into monitoring what's going on locally over the airwaves. Once again thanks for the info.

PcolaGuy

thanks

I had a Uniden Bearcat 30 Channel 10 Band Radio Scanner years ago..which did its job back then. I'm recently retired and looking to get back into monitoring the airwaves again. Thanks again for the info on the digital scanners,

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I want to thank you for the information. Years ago I had a Bearcat 30 Channel 10 Band Radio Scanner BC60XLT-1 which did its job back then had no problems listening to the local law enforcement channels. I'm recently retired and want to get back into monitoring what's going on locally over the airwaves. Once again thanks for the info.

Your welcome. Kinda stinks LEO is going to the Big E. Okaloosa County still analog what I've heard a few months ago. I notice Ft Walton Beach PD is on DMR.

PcolaGuy

Pensacola area

I'm still having trouble monitoring/picking up any of the local frequencies on my old Bearcat 10 channel scanner. Even the EMS/Fire frequencies.

Altpensacola

The only Public Safety frequency you can still monitor is Escambia Fire 154.43 the old analog VHF dispatch. We still simulcast on it for older volunteer radios and plectrons!
You can only hear dispatch, field units are not simulcast.

To clarify, able to monitor with that old Bearcat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.