Pensacola

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

Anyone know if Pensacola is still on their own 800 still or have moved to the Escambia system? The D B is pretty confusing. Thanks jerry

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if Pensacola is still on their own 800 still or have moved to the Escambia system? The D B is pretty confusing. Thanks jerry

They're on the Santa Rosa system. They should have their own site for Pensacola only stuff. However, the police is encrypted except the Event TGID's. Fire dept is in the clear if I remember correctly.

cajunjerry

Ok I wish when a system is not used any longer RR would clear it from the D B.. that area is confusing to me. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties..jerry

wise871

Database Admin
Ok I wish when a system is not used any longer RR would clear it from the D B.. that area is confusing to me. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties..jerry

The system still has some public works users still on the old system. All other talk groups are clearly marked as Deprecated. Once the last users leave the system will be archived and won't be listed from the Escambia page.

Altpensacola

They're on the Santa Rosa system. They should have their own site for Pensacola only stuff. However, the police is encrypted except the Event TGID's. Fire dept is in the clear if I remember correctly.

It is Actually Escambia's P25 system, Santa Rosa and Pensacola joined. Pensacola already shared towers with Escambia and now Santa Rosa does too.

It is still the same 800 Mhz frequencies but using P25 Digital. It is still trunked but I forget what Motorola told me on how trunking works on P25, I think they call it something else.
And yes Police are encrypted and Fire is not.

wise871

Database Admin
Escambia County Public Safety Department Motorola P25 Digital UHF Radio System includes and integrated computer Core. The agreement establishes the provision that will allow Santa Rosa County and the City of Pensacola Public Safety Radio Systems to reside on Escambia's Core.

You can read more on the system here, Interlocal Agreement and here.

Last edited:

wise871

Database Admin
FYI, it looks like everyone has now moved over to the Escambia / Santa Rosa County Public Safety System. I'm hearing tons of Public Works now on the system and in the process of figuring out who is on what channel. The old system has been moved to the deprecated listing.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
The agreement establishes the provision that will allow Santa Rosa County and the City of Pensacola Public Safety Radio Systems to reside on Escambia's Core.

Notwithstanding the current agreement between Escambia, Santa Rosa, Pensacola, and Gulf Breeze, would you venture a guess as to whether Okaloosa County will join the system in the future?

I note that there is an Okaloosa interop talkgroup in the database already and they probably want to join an existing system rather than foot the bill for their own.

wise871

Database Admin
There is already talk of adding more towers in Santa Rosa due to poor coverage. Okaloosa would have a harder time due to the fact that Eglin AFB splits Okaloosa in half.

Altpensacola

Public Works

FYI, it looks like everyone has now moved over to the Escambia / Santa Rosa County Public Safety System. I'm hearing tons of Public Works now on the system and in the process of figuring out who is on what channel. The old system has been moved to the deprecated listing.

I used to find Pensacola's Sanitation Department highly entertaining! And as a customer I can tell you they do great work.
I miss them as much as I miss Fire and PD, (I did not go digital!)

On another note Pensacola Fire re-named and assigned their TAC channels, so that the first out Engine number is the assigned Tac Channel, so if Engine 2 is first due, everyone goes to Tac 2. The only anomaly is Tac 8 is Ladder 11, and Tac 9 is Ladder 16. (I think that is what one of their dispatchers told me.)

In the County we assign Tac channels based on tower receiver location to the call. Pensacola doesn't have that issue.

Also I have not heard anything about Okaloosa joining us but I can find out.
Of course Motorola would love that contract....

Altpensacola

Also I have not heard anything about Okaloosa joining us but I can find out.
Of course Motorola would love that contract....

Okaloosa No, first off they are not P25.
Upgrades and changes cost lot's of Money. (every single radio) then more money to tie in.
and putting too many eggs in one basket if you ask me.
I know Escambia and Pensacola does not need to talk to Okaloosa, don't know how much Santa Rosa does.

Status
Not open for further replies.