Pentagon JNCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

listen13579

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to monitor the Pentagon via the JNCR system on my HP-1 but I'm not hearing anything. The radio occasionally stops briefly on TG 201 but no audio is heard.

Anyone else listen to the Pentagon? Is it just my HP-1 or is the system not active? Signal strength shows 4 bars from Alexandria.

I've never tried to listen to any users at the Pentagon before - is this the right system to try?

Thanks

dtscho

Database Admin
The JNCR is a huge system made up of many sites. Some of the sites are very active, others much less so. What site are you monitoring?

Dave

spanner

Premium Subscriber
TG 201 is Pentagon Police Dispatch. All encrypted. All the time.

They have disabled the ability to turn off encryption on our dispatch consoles and in all the radios.

listen13579

TG 201 is Pentagon Police Dispatch. All encrypted. All the time.

They have disabled the ability to turn off encryption on our dispatch consoles and in all the radios.

What do they do for interop with Arlington Co. or other agencies? Do they use a separate radio?

freqhopping

What do they do for interop with Arlington Co. or other agencies? Do they use a separate radio?

I don't know if PFPA uses it, but there is a PMARS channel on the JNCR system. I IDed it, but I dodn't know if it can be communicated on or if it's just a broadcast.

listen13579

Other than TG 201 there has been no activity on the Pentagon site in the past few hours at least as indicated on an HP-1 with the downloaded RR talkgroups.

freqhopping

There was a little bit PFPA activity on the Tysons Corner a little bit ago.

I was also seeing a new TG, 8031. Running Pro96Com to see what's going on I'm seeing some system patches.
22379 (WRNMC FD) to 8030
22430 (no ID) to 8030
22399 (WRNMC PD)) to 8031
22440 (no ID) to 8031

Definitely hearing PD on 8031.

Something else that is odd it that there are only three adjacent sites currently. Belvoir, 002-0101 and Silver Hill which is listed as "Failed,Stale".

The Germantown site is only showing Ft. Detrick as adjacent.

spanner

Premium Subscriber
We have a TG to communicate on a patch with Arlington and one for Alexandria for any Fire/EMS issues.

FFX has not been approached yet, but maybe soon....???

There are two dispatch centers for PFPA now. One at PNT and one at Mark Center.

PNT handles the PNT and first dispatch for Mark Center and other places like "Tysons Corner".

Take it from a frustrated user, the "failed" sites happen all the time.

PMARS is only used during the daily test. Have no clue why it is not used more.

Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.