Pentagon Set to Award $1B Radio Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhooten

mdulrich said:
Feel about what? That you called a $776M deal a $1B deal? :p

Mike

You should know that no govt. project ever comes in at budget. If they are asking for $.776B up front it will be well over $1B by the time it is done.:D

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
This is WAY under budget---at the price they're talking about, they're lucky if they could even construct a "backbone" for the system .Look at New York's Open Sky project with a 2 billion dollar price tag.. You mean to tell me projected cost for a state wide system is LESS than a world wide system?????

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Jtrs

JTRS has been around as a project for a long time. It covers the entire spectrum of RF emitted by the DoD, which is one of the big problems they've had over the years. JTRS is trying to be all things to all people, and so far has ended up being nothing to anybody. Ever hear of scope creep, or requirements creep? Good luck to Lockheed, because they're going to need it.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I believe JTRS will be the end to milcoms. Full encryption ftl! Maybe not full encryption, but an evolution of encryption being deployed.

I had a huge debate with N_jay on JTRS. :lol:

So basically what I have learned is that such a system has been thought of for at least twenty years. It will use current equipment. Like p25, /\/\oto type II, etc and the NSA had a (or still does) have issues with how the use of encryption is deployed. The current stuff is hardware based where the new stuff would be software based.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.