• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pentium 3 500MHz and RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
so will this work, my previous post said 50MHz.... My bad! its 500MHz
or should i find a dinosaur to program my saber.

also will this work with an AMD processor

rss version 7.01.00

Last edited:

WX9EMS

I run a Toshiba Pentium III (Win98SE), and I would venture to guess it is around 500 Mhz. I have never had any problems with Motorola or Kenwood software on this machine. I have to slow it down when running Standard PPS software, and I can do that in the BIOS. Never have had to run MOSLO.

As far as with working with AMD, that I do not know, never had too many boxes with AMD processors.

WX9EMS

I don't know anything about how your laptop is set up, or which make it is (they are all different, yet to have an identical BIOS setup screen). I go into my BIOS and change the value under "Dynamic CPU Frequency Mode" from "dynamically switchable" to "always low" and that does it for me. I do have to remember to set it back to the previous setting before booting Win98, otherwise it will not load. I also have a pause command in my autoexec.bat file which gives the opportunity to hit Ctrl C and abort the batch job and go to command prompt instead of Windows. Works amazing for RSS. As always, your mileage may vary!

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
it is a portege 7100 and it does not have that option

WX9EMS

Interesting, mine is a Portege 7200 and it does...see if you can snap a picture of your BIOS screen so I can take a look.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
here you go

Attachments

• IMG_20120229_171135.jpg
    IMG_20120229_171135.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_20120229_171108.jpg
    IMG_20120229_171108.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 200

WX9EMS

Wow, it sure isn't in there. I really can't read your BIOS version in the upper right corner, looks like 1.40 or so. I included a snapshot of my BIOS screen. Go to Toshiba's website Toshiba Support - Homepage and enter your model and such, get the BIOS upgrade and install. I would think that would be a good place to start, seems to be the only difference that I can see.

Attachments

• Photo02292122.jpg
    Photo02292122.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 214

mancow

Database Admin
You might try disabling the cache. I had to do that with an old PC to program X9000s.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
well....

Attachments

• n1.jpg
    n1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 172
  • n2.jpg
    n2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 162

WX9EMS

Looks like you will have to run Moslo after all. Interesting that it is the same BIOS flash and the option still isn't there, but I guess that could be due to a slightly different mother board; seems to be an EU laptop. Try what mancow suggested, that might help.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
when i run moslo it will not connect to the com port

Status
Not open for further replies.