People Complaining About 436/536's

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprite1741

I think one must also look at number of units sold. There is some 10-15 TRX scanner reviews and 2000 Uniden HP scanner customer reviews on Amazon. I don't know why Uniden owners would be more motivated to write a review, so I guess it is a lot more Unidens HP models being sold.

/Ubbe

2000 reviews for the HP models? Please link. Last time I looked the majority were for non-HP models. Amazon lumps Uniden together. The Unidens have been out since 2014, the TRX are newer. There should be more HP sold. Like I said a lot of excuses on here.

6520tkp

I read of complaints about the scanner, the scanner connecting to windows, the memory card etc.. etc.. .

I have had not one problem with my 436 and I'm loving it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thank you.

SCPD

QRT
You will never please everyone. Period.

I have both Whistler and Uniden scanners and love and hate them both.

I could list all the issues with both but that horse is dead. The only thing I will not do is buy a 436HP again as I would be scared to hurt it, the little scanner that wasn't.

But I do more or less like the 536HP even though it has performance issues (can we say they need better front end filtering), and why I will just use my commercial radios.

garys

Premium Subscriber
So, you're complaining about people complaining about people complaining?

I find it ironic this post is basically COMPLAINING about people COMPLAINING.:roll:

Most people who have been critical of Uniden have been critical over the issues they have, not as a whole. I bought my 536 and switched from to Uniden because as a Sheriff Colonel, it would help me be able to monitor situations remotely from anywhere using the siren app. This still does not work as advertised properly.

If you cannot discuss it in the Uniden Tavern area of RadioReference, I am not sure where else we could discuss this kind of stuff?

bobmich52

my 2 cents on the 436

Bought it in 2014 & it was too much of a PITA to Specifically program to my area along with it constantly reminding me that the clock etc needed to be reset among other headaches, Sentinel 4 whatever reason will not work on my computer, So I shelved it, 4 close 2 3 yrs (my 396 t is a original & working great still after all these yrs) But needed to Further update to the modern digital world DMR etc

So recently, I had a SD card customized 2 my area in CT( Hartford & Tolland counties) from bearcat warehouse & it got rid of the PITA reminders & the full database( it now gives you a 5 second delay Then goes into scan mode), which bogged it down scanning wise, But I kept the original SD card

works great now, Just have 2 take the time 2 perm avoid the freqs I don't want, Not a prob

As 2 reception

I'm fortunate 2 have mostly digital CSP etc, My Fire /Ems is mostly UHF, But I keep the low band freqs in still on both my HP 2/436

Low band reception so so, But reception on Uhf digital on the 436 Excellent on the stock antenna , I pick up pd/fire/ems 30/40 miles away crystal clear inside my house

Just my 2 cents

Drumbum

my 2 cents on the 436

Bought it in 2014 & it was too much of a PITA to Specifically program to my area along with it constantly reminding me that the clock etc needed to be reset among other headaches, Sentinel 4 whatever reason will not work on my computer, So I shelved it, 4 close 2 3 yrs (my 396 t is a original & working great still after all these yrs) But needed to Further update to the modern digital world DMR etc

So recently, I had a SD card customized 2 my area in CT( Hartford & Tolland counties) from bearcat warehouse & it got rid of the PITA reminders & the full database( it now gives you a 5 second delay Then goes into scan mode), which bogged it down scanning wise, But I kept the original SD card

works great now, Just have 2 take the time 2 perm avoid the freqs I don't want, Not a prob

As 2 reception

I'm fortunate 2 have mostly digital CSP etc, My Fire /Ems is mostly UHF, But I keep the low band freqs in still on both my HP 2/436

Low band reception so so, But reception on Uhf digital on the 436 Excellent on the stock antenna , I pick up pd/fire/ems 30/40 miles away crystal clear inside my house

Just my 2 cents

My experience was similar, I wanted Global Delay of 5 sec. I solved it with Bulk edit on ARC536. I was not liking the P25p2 reception then a few firmware updates back they did something right.. I went from almost selling it to loving it

Status
Not open for further replies.