People gas and Columbus gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

K3MAQ

Premium Subscriber
People's is licensed on some VHF low band and UHF frequencies here in western PA. I've punched them in a few times and don't think I ever heard more than a repeater ID. I'm pretty sure I've seen UHF antennas on their trucks.

Binger511

Feed Provider
Columbia Gas in my area "uses" UHF P25 Conventional. I have never heard them say a word when I'm on their frequency. Kind of a shame that the system is pretty much a waste.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Columbia gas system was set up for P25 voice and also data transmission.

vsp5151

Columbia Gas of Virginia quit using their UHF P25 system a few years ago. They use nothing except cellular phones and their MDT devices also connect via cellular (I think). I am not sure about the other Columbia Gas Companies, Mass, MD, Ohio, PA and I am probably missing a few other states they operate in. Their original system did voice and data on the UHF P25 system with voice having priority over the data. The original system had a cable from the Astro Spectra mobile radio with a DB-9 connector to plug into the computer's comm port. They eventually updated to a usb connection.

gtaman

The P25 system here is still alive but not used. All new vehicles have no radios. All the old ones still have Astro Spectras but they are not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.