• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

People in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpm

I just wanted to drop a line, probally my last writings on this board due to the cruel mean people that critisize ones writings. In general there are people that have mental and physical disabilities, I myself have been diagnosed with a learning disability which is considered a mental disability. I have been razzled by others throughout life as well as many on this board of my writings. I did survive it throughout school and still do to this day. Let it be know I have had doctors, lawyers, and states attorneys’ comment on my writings as a paramedic that they were able to vision many EMS runs I have been on. That being auto accidents, crimes scences...etc. Also to the fact I can thoroughly explain a medical condition to people whether it be family, friends, or on my medical calls. I just don’t understand how people harp on ones disability and feel good about them selves. Can someone tell me where the christiananity is in this world? Or maybe instead of harping on the disabled go join bushs’ army so you can get your frustration out and maybe feel better that way instead of taking it out on the disabled. I hope you all feel real good about yourselves in general with making fun of ones disability.

In conclusion this forum will solely be my reference I need for the hobby I have enjoyed for all these years as a scannist and only that. Thank you and may
God bless and peace peace to all. JPM

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I think I found the thread that was giving you your problems. To be honest with you, it looks like you brought that one on yourself be sending PM's to the people that disagreed with you on the brutality thing (I kinda agree with you on it). Just remember that EVERYONE is not going to agree with everyone else in any forum.

Oh and I would like to add one more thing

:D

SEMTTP

JPM,

You have to understand that this is an internet world. This site has over 88,000 registered users, and when there is that many, you have that many opionions. Not everyone here knows how to talk or converse with people. There are people here that know EVERYTHING and will not back down to anyone. There are people that will respond to your post and say "that was harsh" or something like that.

A lot of people here are not here to help anyone out, I feel sorry for these people. So will say that they can know your tone just by the way that you post, I find that very hard to believe. If you misspell a word, people have fits.

A lot, a very lot of people need to learn to relax, help people out and get along with everyone, including the new person that ask's 100 questions. However, this is never going to happen here because of the way that RR is.

I try to help out as many people that I can, whenever I can. The only dumb question is the one that is not asked, and that is part of the reason that I have forums associated with my website. People are encouraged to discuss everything as long as they keep it clean, and absolutly NO ONE on my forums will talk down to any member, if anyone needs to do that then it will be a member of the admin staff, but to date it has never had to happen, and hopefully it stays that way.

Good luck with your posts here, but unfortunatly that is just the way it is here.........grab your shield and your sword and be prepard to fight......as for Christianity...well my brother people simply dont want to talk about religous things....I love to discuss the Word of God....so if you want come and join us and we can talk!

Good luck

RISC777

Eric, That Bloomfield Hills Caddy is quite the attractive public safety vehicle!

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
While I have sympathy for persons with disabilities, and I generally agree with your outlook on people, I do not have any sympathy for self-pity, which is what I see this thread to be.

If I make concessions or statements in a public forum, I must be willing to accept criticizms of the concessions or statements made. Quite simply - that's life.

If you wish to discontinue posting on this site, I am sorry to hear that and I wish you well. However, I do not agree with making a public statement like this about your departure because it seems like you are looking for attention and for people to beg you not to leave.

Take care,

-greenthumb

crashcrew

Premium Subscriber
Can't be much of a learning disability if you are a paramedic. That is an extremely difficult and intensive course.

MacombMonitor

jpm, the title of your post says it all..."People in general." That's what it is, no more, no less. It's nothing to do with you personally, or any disabilities. It's not just here on Radio Reference either. It's in the work place, on the streets, on the beach, even in Iraq! Until you are the last person on Earth, you will encounter others who will be jealous, envious, criticize, challenge, provoke, intimidate, and fight with you! You certainly are not the only person to have this happen, or feel this way. I know I've had my share of flak and riffraff from others!

"Can someone tell me where the Christianity is in this world?" It's still there, along with countless other religious beliefs, and practices. Sometimes I think that's part of the problem! More fights, and wars are over religion than anything else. Countless billions of people have died over religious beliefs. All my life it seemed that the main purpose behind a particular religious belief was to promote the "I'm better than you are" attitude, or give someone hope when there really is none. I don't want to provoke you, or anyone else into a flame war on the subject, but you have to ask yourself, is your Christianity beliefs helping you now? Sometimes you have to help yourself, and it's obvious you've done that in the past, dealing with your disabilities, and maintaining your professional career!

To illustrate what I'm trying to say, check this out:
Lion Kills Man Who Climbs In Cage, Invokes God

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/9321392/detail.html

So it's clear that looking to Christianity, and God, doesn't always make our problems go away!

Speaking of learning disabilities, how did you ever get your BCD396T, and BCD996T scanners programmed? I used Butel's software when I had my BCD396T, but with the BCD996T, and the Uniden software, I have to admit, it's pushing me to my limits! I hope the Butel software gets here soon!

The bottom line? Don't bail out just because of what happened. Diversity, and differences of opinion are what makes Radio Reference what it is. If we all knew everything, and we all agreed with each other, there would be no point to RR. Just as if we all knew how to spell good, there wouldn't be a need for spell checkers! (I'm glad we have those!).

Bill

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Phil, you must be mistaken, God doesn't make stupid, Man invented the Darwin Award. Oh, I have words for describing an Oral Roberts but I can't print them here, you'll have to ask Clinton what it means. If he asks you to Pat his Robertson just ignore him.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Stupid is as stupid does!!!

Me very stupid. :lol:

Ok, Batman is in the house.

About the "learning disability thing" I myself have been diagnosed with the same BS and although it may take me a little longer to understand the why? I still learn, everyday! Really you do! I actually find it as an advantage. While everyone else has a split second thought, we take time and consider the thought. Well at least I do.

You should never mix politics with disabilities, they have enough problems already. :lol:

"Can someone tell me where the christiananity is in this world?"

If this is your faith, look at your soul. Don't worry about others. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.