• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

People only sell to CONUS but want to BUY From Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio1114

I have a question that has bothered me for a while. I would like your opininions.How come when some people in the U.S. when selling items they will only sell to CONUS.Yet when they want to buy they will go out of there way to buy from us in Canada.Doesn,t make sense to me.Whats good for the Goose is Good for the Gander.I think anyway.Just my 2 cents worth.

Radio1114

Correction in subject line.
People in U.S will only sell in U.S, yet they want to buy in Canada.??

kevin390

Canada

I have traded with people from Canada. Once with you Wilf11 and a few trades with nova1010 and I don't see why some people will trade and some won't. As for the extra paper work it is only one form and they only ask a few simple questions. I have never had a problem other then it may take a couple of days longer to get your package. But with these two guys you know you will get what they say they sent you. I would ship to Canada anytime if a trade or sale comes my way.........Ray

SCPD

Most of the time it's because shipping to Canada involves too many customs issues that it's not worth the trouble.

I've tried shipping to Canada in the past only to have the package returned because of refusal by Canadian customs because the value was not declared correctly.

Next time I'll check the location of the seller before sending a PM on any equipment for sale.

Just my two cents!

SCPD

Maybe I should rethink my position on shipping to Canada.

I guess I shouldn't let a couple of bad experiences be the guide for future dealings.

DaveNF2G

Premium Subscriber
Maybe it's because we would rather receive U.S. dollars than Canadian ones, but buy Canadian-dollar-priced products because U.S. dollars are worth more.

hoser147

Ive shipped several things to Canada, Never had any customs issues (lucky) Only one item got lost or stolen and that was just a couple of months ago so everything i ship now has to be signed for no matter where it goes. Custom declarations arent that hard if the value is under $20 if its over that theres the infamous duty lol. hope this helps Wilf..........hoser147

Radio1114

Dave anything I have ever bought in the U.S. has always been U.S. Dollars and I am sure anyone else that buys anything from U.S. pays in U.S. Dollars also.That is why when listed it says U.S. .: ) And hoser147 that is a very isolated situtaion I am sure.I am sure that happens within your own mail system from time to time also things get lost.But the sighning for is a great idea I agree.Also that is why we have ins. but I never had to claim for anything going or coming from U.S. yet.But thank you for your reasons.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
I've traded with Wilf and other Canadians here and will say publicly that there is none better then Wilf to deal with. Straight shooter all the way.

I will deal with Canadians that I know from various sites such as RadioReference of Strong Signals, but I will not deal with anyone outside the US when doing an auction on eBay.
This is not just restricted to Canadians, but ANY country other then the US.

I find it hard enough dealing with US eBayers, and have had problems with non-US ebayers in the past, Canadian and otherwise to force this eBay policy with my auctions.

Dan

maalox

dconti said:
I've traded with Wilf and other Canadians here and will say publicly that there is none better then Wilf to deal with. Straight shooter all the way.

I will deal with Canadians that I know from various sites such as RadioReference of Strong Signals, but I will not deal with anyone outside the US when doing an auction on eBay.
This is not just restricted to Canadians, but ANY country other then the US.

I find it hard enough dealing with US eBayers, and have had problems with non-US ebayers in the past, Canadian and otherwise to force this eBay policy with my auctions.

Dan
i agree to. i just did a deal with wilf also if i know you from the boards i have no problem with dealing with you if your from canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.