Peoria B1? C1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain343

Hey everyone,

Back in the region for a bit and will be spending time in the northern Peoria area. On the RWC page it shows that the PD have 3 dispatch channels, A1, B1, and C1, but doesn't say anything about how things are broken down. I've tried googling beat/district maps and came up empty and a forum search showed nothing as well. Monitoring B1 and C1 also came up with 0 traffic in 2 days too, while A1 was very active and seemed all over.

Am I missing something?

eg153wftx

A1 is the main dispatch TG. The B1 and C1 shows in the RR database as "law tac" service types be sure to have law tac service types enabled.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
B1 and C1 are expansion frequencies for Dispatch. Since Peoria runs from Northern Avenue on the south up and into Yavapai County in the north, they've adopted three zone Dispatch channels for future growth. When the population and radio traffic supports it, they will break out dispatching into two and then three zones.

KB7MIB

GlobalNorth is correct, it's for future expansion.

Some of the encrypted B-deck and C-deck talkgroups get used, but B-1 and C-1 are not active as of yet.

Check the Maricopa County main page in the RRDB for the conventional (non-trunked) channels Peoria PD also has available. A/B/C-14 are the backup repeaters in the event of a failure of the trunked system. They get tested once every quarter or so. A/B/C-15 are simplex on the outputs.

John
Peoria

Mountain343

Thanks! GlobalNorth and KB7MIB!

That was driving me batty trying to figure that out, and searching got me nowhere for hours. Maybe a database manager should tag those as future use to help clean up that section so people know what is currently active.

I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.