Peoria County Starcom system quieter than Tazewell County EDACS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerzr2

I'm wondering if I have something wrong with my Peoria Starcom programming on my HP2 because
I hear a lot more traffic on the Tazewell County EDACS system than I do on the Peoria Starcom system.
I live in Pekin and only have police, fire, and ambulance depts. in my favorites list. Could it be that some
Peoria systems are still using VHF and UHF freqs and haven't switched to Starcom yet? I just find it odd
that Pekin has more traffic than Peoria. I've heard plenty from Peo. Police 6651, ISP Dist 8 13002,
and Peo. Fire 6602, but not much from any other talkgroups. Thanks for any help.

kraziebill

I would say you likely have something missing. All of Peoria county agencies are on P25(starcom) and only use VHF/UHF for backup or interops with outside agencies. Starcom site 2-37 no longer exists, and was replaced with site 2-49.

tommypickles

Since it is a simulcast system you may have a problem receiving the signals. Unidens do not do LSM very well. I have a hard time at my location with site 113. Have to experiment with antenna location and length. If you are using an outdoor antenna it most likely will make thing worse as it will receive multiple locations within the site. Good luck, it took me 3 months to find the sweet spot for 113.

Jordo2114

You can also monitor the analog simulcast patches for PEO County and City police depts if you want. They are in the RR database... Audio is so so

JFDoering

You might try to make or buy a directional antenna and point it towards either the Mapleton or Orchard Mines site. Because both of those sites see into Pekin very well, that is likely the reason your scanner is an unhappy camper. As I type this, there are 654 radios turned on and affiliated with Site 49. Obviously, that number is a moving target as Peoria County users turn radios on and off, as well as when State and Ameren users affiliate and de-affiliate with Site 49. It has gone much higher than 654.

Status
Not open for further replies.