Pequannock Police DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been picking up Pequannock Police for a while, so this morning I put my radio on CSQ. I began picking up DMR transmissions on 453.8. I know they are DMR because I listened to the input and it is definitely TDMA. I don't have a DMR radio, so can someone please listen and get the information needed and submit it to the database? Thanks!

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
I'll check it out. I thought I heard Pequannock PD in analog the other day on 453.8000. I see you are in Kinnelon. I am able to pick them up in DMR on my 536, as long as I program each site freq in, but not with the RR Database setup as it will not trunk.

They were analog a few days ago

Yes, I also heard them on analog a few days ago. However, I just noticed that they upgraded their fire and police licenses from only FMN to FMN/DMR. I appreciate your help!

SCPD

QRT
Now they can sound like they're holding their noses!
What a bad move for Pequannock.
Anyone get all the frequencies?

I don't know for sure, but I don't really think this is a trunked or IPSC system. So far, I've only picked up DMR on one frequency 453.8. The fire department seems to still be analog on 453.025.

W2SJW

Database Admin
I'll check it out. I thought I heard Pequannock PD in analog the other day on 453.8000. I see you are in Kinnelon. I am able to pick them up in DMR on my 536, as long as I program each site freq in, but not with the RR Database setup as it will not trunk.

It's not trunked. It's a conventional IPSC setup. Not quite sure what the DB limitations are that force a system like Kinnelon (or NJ-TRBO) to have to be listed that way. If you set it up as a OFT in the 436/536 with each channel as a separate site, it works rather swimmingly! :D

SCPD

QRT
pardon

It's not trunked. It's a conventional IPSC setup. Not quite sure what the DB limitations are that force a system like Kinnelon (or NJ-TRBO) to have to be listed that way. If you set it up as a OFT in the 436/536 with each channel as a separate site, it works rather swimmingly! :D

Pardon my stupidity ,what's an OFT?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That's the 436 and 536's 'One Frequency Trunk' function.

If you look at the favorite lists in the link down in my signature, you can see how I have NJ-TRBO and Spectrum Communications set up as OFT.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I meant it's not trunked but IP connected. I had to think about OFT also, then it dawned on me One frequency trunked. I copied Kinnelon in sentinel from the RR database. NJ-TRBO works fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Pequannock DMR

I wouldn't be surprised if the powers in Kinnelon (or their radio vendor/shop) influenced Pequannock to choose DMR, since they are only a few miles away from each other. That being said, the next step is obtain the CC # and TGs on each frequency where DMR use has started and submit to the DB:cool:.

Thanks!

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed, this morning I heard a unit call out with a traffic stop on 287, followed by another unit calling Pequannock with additional radio traffic. 453.8000 CC1. I'll put it in as a one frequency trunk system later on today.

W2SJW

Database Admin
A close friend has given me:

3101 - Police Dispatch
3102 - Police Tactical

I need to know what you guys are seeing for timeslot usage...

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
A close friend has given me:

3101 - Police Dispatch
3102 - Police Tactical

I need to know what you guys are seeing for timeslot usage...
I will check, they come in loud and clear here in Northwest Bergen. I checked my Kinnelon system it's set as one freq with each freq as a site, still won't track. I get them fine in Conventional frequency by frequency. Some sites I only see 1 or 2 bars then a full bar in single frequency trunk.

RocketNJ

I have set up DSD+ to scan the system.

I can confirm 453.800 is DMR
Police Dispatch group is CC1, ID 3101, and slot 1
Dispatch UID is 3101
Mobiles are 6xx
Portables are two digit

Will continue to monitor for other TGs

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
DMR for public safety critical systems....what a joke. What they should have done is upgraded their site and joined up with the County if they were going to stay UHF. Just my .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alarmguy

Premium Subscriber
I think someone on here said Rockaway is going DMR also. I don't understand why those towns do not go to the Morris County TRS. They already have the radios in their cars for it.

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
A lot of people don't have faith or trust in the county dispatch or disagree with how they operate or decisions they make. A lot of opinions in departments when it comes to dispatching. Some towns don't like to play ball with county.

Status
Not open for further replies.