Performing a Clear User Data (Full Reset)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeitgey

Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to restore my 536HP back to a factory (out of box) state. When I perform the Clear User Data restore option and then turn the scanner off and then back on, it reloads my favorites lists again. I even tried the "pressing and holding the 2, 9, and Dept keys while turning on the scanner and it will still reload my favorites lists. I even tried using Sentinel to clear user data and when removing the USB cable, it will reload the favorites list. I would like to start completely over with this 536HP. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what needs done to the SD card to delete my old favorites lists?

Thanks in advance

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to restore my 536HP back to a factory (out of box) state. When I perform the Clear User Data restore option and then turn the scanner off and then back on, it reloads my favorites lists again. I even tried the "pressing and holding the 2, 9, and Dept keys while turning on the scanner and it will still reload my favorites lists. I even tried using Sentinel to clear user data and when removing the USB cable, it will reload the favorites list. I would like to start completely over with this 536HP. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or what needs done to the SD card to delete my old favorites lists?

Thanks in advance

Are you sure it's not loading the master database?

A "clear user data" will delete your favorites lists from the card.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
If you did a proper reset, then when you turned it back on again it should say "nothing to scan" until you put in your zip code.

I know this is awkward, but press the 2, 9, and department key, then turn the scanner on. It should do a reset. Then turn it off and back on again. It should say "nothig to scan". Then put in your zip code.

jgeitgey

Premium Subscriber
I've tried all that, when holding 2,9,dept and power on it says clearing all memory and the it reloads my favorites. I thought all data was stored on the SD card, if so where and how is it reloading after clearing the user data, very strange. I can read from the scanner OK using Sentinel but if i make any changes to my favorites lists then save them and then send them to the 536HP the changes I make do not change on the scanner. I even tried another USB cable, the one that came with the HP-1. Is there a possibility that the SD card in the 536HP is write protected some how. I do not get any error messages at all. Is there a way you can program the SD card out of the scanner using a SD card adapter? I do this all the time with my PSR-800 and it is a lot faster.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
When you make changes in the sentinel software, and wish to upload them to the scanner, you must check the "erase Favorites List on Scanner" before you upload.

That will erase all the current settings and re-write the new ones.

jgeitgey

Premium Subscriber
Well I found the problem, my 4G SD card is defective. Cannot format it and it tells me this card cannot be formatted. I also tried SDFormatter and it also tells me the card is defective. It is not write protected. I had a spare 2G SD card and tried it in the 536HP and it works perfect. I hope that Uniden will replace the 4G SD card.

Hit_Factor

Of course you can go the warranty route, but a 4GB micro SD card is $5 at Walmart, Staples and I'm sure at other places.

Make sure it is class 4 or higher, class is designated by the number in the little circle. Higher class means faster card.

Status
Not open for further replies.