period will not work while inputing TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksig419

Premium Subscriber
I just got my BCD396XY scanner today and I am trying to input the freq.'s. I went to my System and selected it, then I went to "EDIT GROUP", selected the group that I would like to edit, and went to "EDIT CHANNEL". After selecting "NEW CHANNEL" I was brought to the "INPUT TGID" screen where I tried to put my freq in but it will not allow me to use the "." every time I push it it clears the numbers out. I am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong. I hope you guy are able to help. Thank you very much in advance.

captclint

Mentor
I just got my BCD396XY scanner today and I am trying to input the freq.'s. I went to my System and selected it, then I went to "EDIT GROUP", selected the group that I would like to edit, and went to "EDIT CHANNEL". After selecting "NEW CHANNEL" I was brought to the "INPUT TGID" screen where I tried to put my freq in but it will not allow me to use the "." every time I push it it clears the numbers out. I am not sure what exactly I am doing wrong. I hope you guy are able to help. Thank you very much in advance.
The frequency does not go in the TGID section. That is for a trunking system. I you truely have a trunking system, you need to create a site 1st. and then you enter the frequencies on the site section. If you are not working with a trunking system, you need to create a Conventional System, and then the frequencies are entered in the group.
http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#create site

http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml#program conv system.

Last edited:

ksig419

Premium Subscriber
Well when I bought the scanner I was told that it had the trunking included so I am assuming that it does. Are you basically saying that every time I want to input a new frequency such as when an aircraft is flying and they say to switch to channel _ _ _._ _ _ _that I have to go onto the computer first before I put it on the scanner? I thought that I could just input Freq's whenever I hear a new one.

n0nhp

You need to spend a bit of time in the WIKI.
Talkgroups are not frequencies, Talkgroups are only used in trunked systems.
Your aircraft example is a conventional frequency, it will have nothing whatsoever to do with a talkgroup.

Best bet is to find someone in your area that has the same type scanner and spend some time going over how to program it.

Bruce

DickH

Well when I bought the scanner I was told that it had the trunking included

Trunking is not a thing, it is a type of radio system. That scanner has the capability of monitoring trunking systems and conventional systems.
A trunking system comprises frequencies and talk groups.
Conventional systems only use frequencies.

Reading the manual may help you understand these things.

ksig419

Premium Subscriber
Thanks a lot bruce, finding someone with the same scanner around here is what I am hoping to find. That would be awesome. Thanks a ot

ksig419

Premium Subscriber
Holy crap guys, I have finally figured out how to do it lol. My issue was the USB drivers were loaded but I did not restart the computer. once I restarted everything was working perfect...

Status
Not open for further replies.