Perry Twp Fire merging with IFD.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper43

Perry Twp Fire has asked to merge with IFD due to money problems and a budget that is in the red due to high fuel costs....
And our govenor and the mayor of Indy say things are doing well economically, yet fire departments can't pay fuel bills and neither can police dpartments, or schools. I guess were in better shape here than some parts of TN where schools may not open this year because they can't bus the kids and the school officials are telling parents to home school their kids.....

pliquett

It is my understanding that Perry was already in the works and that Lawrence Twp is the next to move over after Perry. Eventually there will be no more Twp fire departments. Just IFD, Lawrence(City of), Beech Grove, Speedway, and Airport in Marion County. I have also heard that the radio system format ie talkgroups will be redone as more departments move over to IFD.

Viper43

Nope, they haven't yet, it has to go through the twp and county councils and be approved before they (Perry Twp) are swallowed up by the monster. Perry Twp wouldn't do it except they are 1 Mil in the hole. I haven't heard anything about Lawrence Twp going to IFD, a friends a firefighter there and he I know is against any merger whether with IFD or LFD. I'll check with him and see what he says though, maybe something changed but as of yet I hadn't heard anything.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.