Perrysburg Twp Pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
And Perrysburg Township Police is now off the Wood County feed for the time being. I am still looking at options to continue providing my feed with all Wood County police and fire but I will need to by a digital scanner.

cb225662

Perrysburg twp Feed

I hope you have better luck than I do receiving them than I do. My bcd996xt is a paper weight now, {Its Great on Marcs} I can not believe they cant fix this. It is hit or miss on that system for me, very few days are good receiving No more radios for me untill this is fixed.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I hope you have better luck than I do receiving them than I do. My bcd996xt is a paper weight now, {Its Great on Marcs} I can not believe they cant fix this. It is hit or miss on that system for me, very few days are good receiving No more radios for me untill this is fixed.

From the system standpoint there is nothing to fix. It works great on a 3K motorola radio. The new GRE / Radioshack scanners seem to have better luck on these systems than the Unidens.

Right now the best thing you can do is to use a 800 yagi antenna and point it towards one tower site. You might have to try pointing at several different towers until you find the one that works the best. Trial and error and a lot of patience is what worked for me in finding where in my house my pro-106 worked with the radio shack 800 antenna.

cb225662

Perrysburg Twp

I was referring to my radio, not the system I know it works well, Just have to wait for new scanner to come out that can handle the system. then ILL BUY it.

jackj

Try a GRECOM PSR-800 portable or the new 900 desktop. My 800 works great about 95% of the time on this system. My first digital scanner was a 996T that didn't work for sh-- on digital. Two firmware updates later, it still isn't very good on simulcast systems like Lucas Co. but does work pretty good on MARCS. The 996T is now in my wife's sewing room, she likes to listen to her ex-employer on UHF analog. I'm in Delta, about 20 miles west of Toledo.

FireDawgEMT22

Any idea on the TG...did they add one or are they using the TG assigned to them in the original fleetmap for the system

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012

Do you have the latest Uniden firmware update? It was supposed to correct some of the P25 issues.

BCD996XTFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

ctpd845

Feed Provider
Well after playing around for the past several days I have decided to try my Pro-96 to host my feed with Perrysburg Township Police on it. I beleieve I have found the best spot so the scanner seems to be doing a good job of scanning the digital system. I will try to monitor my feed as much as possible to make sure it sounds good. Everybody please feel free to let me know how the digital traffic sounds on the feed.

SCPD

QRT
Did they remove the old VHF analog radios out of the vehicles... I haven't even hear a keyup on 155.13 for a couple weeks now. What type or radios and portable are they using now?

FireDawgEMT22

I would assume the are using the 5000's for protables. I only say this because most of northern wood county purchased some of the 5000's a couple years ago when Lucas County Launched the digital system. I am just making an assumption though.

sepura

Premium Subscriber
Perrysburg township police and all the other agencies in wood county going on the NW Ohio system will be using the new APX series single band astro 25 mobiles and portables.

Have they shut down the 155.13 old analog repeater? or taken it out of service yet? havent heard a peep out of it in about two months and would like to update the database.

FireDawgEMT22

Perrysburg township police and all the other agencies in wood county going on the NW Ohio system will be using the new APX series single band astro 25 mobiles and portables.

That is correct, I found that out these past few weeks speaking with Rossford Fire Asst Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.