Perseus owners - Hoka decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Some of you may recognize the Dutch firm of Hoka, who years ago made DOS based HF decoding software, and now has their Code 300-32, which is really marketed to the professionals.

However just recently I learned about a new package - Code 3-32 - which is marketed directly to Perseus owners, as not only does it supposedly interface with that SDR, but it also decodes numerous modes. The link is here...

http://www.hoka.net/products/code3-32p.html

Looking over the list of modes, I must admit I was kinda shocked to see so many old ones that, at least on the UDXF, hasn't been reported in years (FEC-S is a case in point). It would seem that this is one step forward, 2 steps back...

Anyway although it's likely to be less pricey than its professional version, don't be shocked by the price - if you have a weak heart, I'd suggest taking your meds before looking at this website. Their offerings are always rather pricey

Consider yourself warned...:lol:

Mike

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I first discovered Hoka about ten years ago in the back of a magazine. Wanted it really bad, but got Skysweeper Pro instead. Maybe one day I'll have a use for Hoka. Wish Skysweeper would run in 64 bit OS though....

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
With a starting price for Hoku at ~$6000, I figure this hobby would have to pay better to justify that! I'm a digi-modes fan, but for that price, it's WAY down on the list of "must have".

Status
Not open for further replies.