Personal Favorite Movie & Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
BETRAYED: Staring Tom Berenger & Debra Winger. The FBI uses a seductive female puppet to infiltrate an alleged white "hate group" by any means necessary, only thing except a lot of racial profanity which every red blooded Christian White American is guilty of & a few good ole-boy shanagans done by Berenger & his struggling farm buddies, everything they do represents the accomplishments of hard working pure as the driven snow Christian Americans & Winger the low life FBI stooge kills him in the end, then has the audacity to visit his fatherless children (Thanks to her) & ask for forgiveness. That's why we are in the mess we are in tody, our so called supportive government is polorizing our own race for the benefit of Godless heathens & we as a race are standing still for this insidious form of genocide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayed_(1988_film))

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

N0IU

Its gotta be HFRO! Why? Its a movie filled with lots of testosterone and there's no icky romantic "love interest" to interfere with Jack Ryan's mission!

(Don't tell anyone but if I was a woman, I would really have a thing for Sean Connery! He's just dreamy!)

Besides, I am of Ukrainian heritage and my wife is of Lithuanian heritage (just like Marco Ramius!) and any time the Rooshuns lose is a happy day in our house!

Great quotes from the movie:

Capt. Bart Mancuso, "My Morse is so rusty, I could be sending him dimensions on playmate of the month."

Captain Ramius, "Hey, Ryan, be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets."

Adm. Painter, "What's his plan?"
Jack Ryan, "His plan?"
Adm. Painter, "Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan."

Last edited:

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
A lot Of Symbolism In That Movie

I love that movie! In fact love the whole trilogy! The fourth don't count. :lol:

I like the part towards the end where the Russian enemy sub zeroed in on October's location and was firing on her and they had to close the hatch and detach the min sub.

Bill Steiner: Hey I think someone just shot a torpedo at us!
Capt. Bart Mancuso: No ***** Buckwheat, now get the hell out of here!

:lol:

Another good sub movie YouTube - Crimson Tide Speech

Last edited:

gccflscan

Banned
Not one, but whats at the top of the list in no particular order.

Casablanca
Cleopatra (YES the 3hr, Elizabeth Taylor one)
The Thin Man Series
Lost Horizon Lost Horizon (1937)
Anything with Rosalind Russell like Gypsy, Auntie Mame
Old "B" and worse serials
Those old 50's 3D Monster movies with the hokey red/blue glasses
Abbott & Costello
The ORIGINAL "Monster Movies" ie: Dracula, Frakenstein, Werewolf, Mummy

Pretty much any movie made with sound from the 30's to the early 70's.

Most if not all of the movies today are just a re-work of some sort of a true classic, and done with over blown effects, bad actors, and totally ADD'ng of the story. Some of them will at least admit it, most don't.

REVIVE THE STUDIO SYSTEM!

Thank heaven for TCM and FMC..break open the salt mine vaults and lets get this stuff on to DVD before any more losses (Lost Horizon is an example of a movie which has a SEVERE DAMAGE AND LOSS! SAD! REALLY SAD!) occur.

For what it cost to make the current animated drek that some are so gaga over the ENTIRE FILM COLLECTIONS COULD BE RESTORED AND RELEASED ON DVD (No thanks on blucrap!)

I don't have any one favorite, but I really love The Blues Brothers movie. Why? Because it is really funny, it has GREAT music and dance scenes (it is a musical---they snuck it in on us!!!) it was filmed on location in Chicago, one of the greatest cities in the world, John Belushi is in it, it was made for almost no money by Hollywood standards, and it is simply a brilliant, iconic, and legendary american film.

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
To combat the first post in this thread I suggest The Pursuit of Happyness.
It is an uplifting 2006 film based on a true story about the struggles an African American father has when almost everything is taken from him and how he raises above those difficulties to give his son a better life.
Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith do an outstanding job in showing that when faced when tough times if you work hard hard and stick together you can succeed no matter where you come from.
One of my all time movies.
Along with Ladder 49 of course.
Marshall KE4ZNR

FLRAILMAN

Banned
I didn't know that we could pick more then one movie. My second favorite movie & a classic "old timer" was & still is the 1903 rendition of "uncle toms cabin" starring Sam Lucas. Wikipedia has some highlights of the movie in this article available to any & everyone on the internet interested in alternate cultures. I guess my third favorite movie would be "Backdraft" Everybodys best & most poular firefighting picture of all time, It's all star cast of the greatest of movie greats including: Kurt Russell, William Baldwin, Robert DiNero, Scott Glenn, Rebecca DeMornay, Donald Southerland, & jennifer Jason Leigh & who better to direct such a blockbuster but nonother then the extremely talented & quite distinguished Ron Howard. This movie stands to this day as the highest grossing firefighter movie at $152,368,585.00 (That's BILLION people) no other firefighter movie even comes close. Enjoy gents.

Blackface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backdraft_(film))

FLRAILMAN

Last edited:

N0IU

For a minute there I though you were referring to the 1958 classic "Run Silent Run Deep" that starred Clark Gable, Burt Lancaster, and Jack Warden. And believe it or not, it also featured the movie debut of Don Rickles!

You just gotta love those submarine movies. As they say in the Navy, "There are two types of vessels, submarines and targets!"

fineshot1

For a minute there I though you were referring to the 1958 classic "Run Silent Run Deep" that starred Clark Gable, Burt Lancaster, and Jack Warden. And believe it or not, it also featured the movie debut of Don Rickles!

You just gotta love those submarine movies. As they say in the Navy, "There are two types of vessels, submarines and targets!"
That is why I included the link, and yes that was also a great movie as well but being that far back
in our history after WWII was a bit bias against the japanese.

ManFish

Banned
My four top favorite movies are:
1. Robo Cop
2. Demolition Man
3. Bladerunner
4. Minority report

I admire these great movies as they depict future law enforcement techniques. I hope they invent air capable law enforcement vehicles when I am a certified law enforcement officer, I'm quite sure crime would be drasticaly reduced for the benefit of the civilians I would be sworn to protect. Unfortunately as much as I admire Clint Eastwood & his excellent acting abilities, I find his Dirty Harry series of law enforcement films quite irresponsible, obnoxious, ill-mannered, racist, sexist, brutal & leaves real hardworking members of the law enforcement community in a very unrealistic & bad light & that is not acceptable.

Manny

Attachments

shaft

Premium Subscriber
You mean they were not documentaries?

Among many of the classics of the past like Blue Thunder, Stripes, and Spies Like Us, a couple of recent films I really like are Taken, and No Country For Old Men.

-- Friendo

jmv3085

Premium Subscriber
I became a real life policeman based totally on what I saw in the movies and get to act out the police academy series every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.